White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:27 AM)
Pods is hitless with the bases loaded this year with 1 RBI on a walk. A flyball to LF on a 2-1 count should not happen.

I know it would never happen, but I would love for the Sox to trade Pods to a team eager for a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I honestly wonder how many guys have won Mgr. of the Year who turned out to have good managerial careers, whether it was with the same team or another.

It depends on how the players perform for the most part.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/manage.shtml

Bobby Cox

Tony LaRussa

Jim Leyland

Tommy Lasorda

Sparky Anderson

Whitey Herzog

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Would you still take Buerhle over Santana?

At no time did I EVER say I'd take Buerhle over Santana. You are putting words in my mouth. I specifically said that Burly was having the better year up to that point in the season and there is no doubt in my mind that he was. They are still VERY similar this year with Mark pitching MANY more innings in his 29 starts, though Santana has many more K's in his starts. Burly has 2 more wins, same number of losses, though W's and L's have no bearing on an argument of pitchers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Yeah, just cause you win MotY, it doesn't mean your team will have success for a lengthy amount of time.  On the other hand, just cause you win MotY, it doesn't mean you're a great manager.

NO award means that you will have a good career.

I know we've stranded too many tonight...but we're still in position to win this game. People on this board are so negative lately. Let's remember that we're 8-4 in Sept....soon to be 9-4 and we're playing the Central for the rest of the way (does 41-14 mean anything to anyone on this board?) I don't care how good Cleveland's playing...we own them this year. OWN THEM.

Go Sox.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
I can't believe people are blaming Oz for leaving Fred in 6 innings.

Blame the guy throwing the ball.

Fred can't shut down the f***ing Royals with 9 runs? Give me a break.

Fred has to suck it up and pitch 6 innings for godsakes.

It's because he clearly didn't have anything tonight. It's the manager's job to notice that, and pull him proactively rather than reactively.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I know we've stranded too many tonight...but we're still in position to win this game.  People on this board are so negative lately.  Let's remember that we're 8-4 in Sept....soon to be 9-4 and we're playing the Central for the rest of the way (does 41-14 mean anything to anyone on this board?)  I don't care how good Cleveland's playing...we own them this year.  OWN THEM.

Go Sox.

This doesn't matter but their about to take 2 of 3 from Oak. thats something this team wish it could do. With their offense as good as it is right now they can beat anyone and their pitching has just been flat out great.

Fathom you think Oz didn't know Fred had jacks*** for stuff?

Oz has been around baseball about 30 years.

Oz knew.

Oz also knows there's no excuse for Fred sucking like that.

It's ridiculous to think Oz didn't know Freddie was sucking.