White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
Fathom you think Oz didn't know Fred had jacks*** for stuff?

Oz has been around baseball about 30 years.

Oz knew.

Oz also knows there's no excuse for Fred sucking like that.

It's ridiculous to think Oz didn't know Freddie was sucking.

Then why would he start him that inning? I hope Ozzie wasn't trying to challenge Garcia at the expense of the team.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I know we've stranded too many tonight...but we're still in position to win this game.  People on this board are so negative lately.  Let's remember that we're 8-4 in Sept....soon to be 9-4 and we're playing the Central for the rest of the way (does 41-14 mean anything to anyone on this board?)  I don't care how good Cleveland's playing...we own them this year.  OWN THEM.

Go Sox.

We're also 14-16 since August 12th.

You see what happened there? You selectively included 1 hot streak by our team, I selectively included 1 cold streak. Just saying what our numbers are in September doesn't prove anything.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:35 AM)
This is why you try to keep Freddy in as long as possible. Cliff threw a lot of pitches last night. Jenks pitched 2 innings. Now you have to go to Viz for awhile.

We do have more relievers than usual in the pen, but I doubt Ozzie trusts them enough for a close game. If Marte's going to be out for the year, Ozzie has got to let Cotts go longer in the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
We do have more relievers than usual in the pen, but I doubt Ozzie trusts them enough for a close game.  If Marte's going to be out for the year, Ozzie has got to let Cotts go longer in the game.

Thats a big spot and I'd much rather have VIz (who cleaned up COtts mess last week agianst Sweeney) facing Sweeney than COtts.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
This is why you try to keep Freddy in as long as possible. Cliff threw a lot of pitches last night. Jenks pitched 2 innings. Now you have to go to Viz for awhile.

We have this pitcher named Baj that hasnt pitched too much lately. He might be fresh and I hear good.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
Thats a big spot and I'd much rather have VIz (who cleaned up COtts mess last week agianst Sweeney) facing Sweeney than COtts.

Why? Cotts is dominant against righties. Not only that, but KC had 2 out of 3 lefties after Sweeney was up. I'm just happy that Viz got the job done.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
We do have more relievers than usual in the pen, but I doubt Ozzie trusts them enough for a close game.  If Marte's going to be out for the year, Ozzie has got to let Cotts go longer in the game.

I just jumped on sorry if this is a repeat.

Doesn't it seem when a reliever comes in to start freash in an inning for us they are lights out but when Guillen gets creative (i.e. using two or more guys in an inning), we end up giving up runs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)

Then don't bring in Cotts in the first place.

He's now put our bullpen in a real s***ty position. We have Hermanson left, a tired Jenks, and Bajenaru.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Excellent 1.1 innings thus far Viz.

I bet Ozzie lets him start the 8th, and I don't think I'll second guess him unless people start getting on and he leaves Viz in there.

Now let's get another run or eight!

Viz should get to start the 8th, but if they get one runner, then Cliff should come in. It hurts not having a lefty to face their 1-2 guys in their order.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
I think he was doing that, Fathom, or at least challenging his highest paid pitcher to get his head out of his ass so we can stay with Cleveland.

The time for playing mind games with players is over. There are less than 3 weeks left in the season.