White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Then don't bring in Cotts in the first place.

He's now put our bullpen in a real s***ty position.  We have Hermanson left, a tired Jenks, and Bajenaru.

And Bmac. and sanders. Cotts came in to get those two lefties out so we wouldn't have to face Sweeney. Ozzie showed faith in Cotts to get those two guys out so we wouldn't face the tying run Sweeney. He didn't get that job done, so Ozzie had to make the change to someone who could get Sweeney out.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
And Bmac. and sanders. Cotts came in to get those two lefties out so we wouldn't have to face Sweeney. Ozzie showed faith in Cotts to get those two guys out so we wouldn't face the tying run Sweeney. He didn't get that job done, so Ozzie had to make the change to someone who could get Sweeney out.

For someone who is more positive than any other sports fan I know, you're sure tough on Neal Cotts.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)

Baj is up with Politte.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
For someone who is more positive than any other sports fan I know, you're sure tough on Neal Cotts.

Well people on this board keep saying he's so awesome and unhittable, so I expect greatness when he's out there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Fair enough, but I didn't see you say anything about Garcia not getting his job done.

He's now had 4 QS in his last 6 starts. That's good enough for a starting pitcher in my book.

That's not to say I'm happy with tonight. He sucked. He should be embarassed.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
He's now had 4 QS in his last 6 starts. That's good enough for a starting pitcher in my book.

That's not to say I'm happy with tonight. He sucked. He should be embarassed.

Yes, but the two non QS's are embarrassing outings.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
I don't think you can say that until you see what happens.  Politte's been good against Lefties this year too.  (As has Jenks, for that matter)

I know, I'm just saying it before anything happens so that I can't be accused of 2nd guessing. However, I'm thrilled with the way the Sox handled the Marte stuff today. If what I heard is true, they're just going to have him step away from baseball for a week or so, and then take it from there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
I don't think you can say that until you see what happens.  Politte's been good against Lefties this year too.  (As has Jenks, for that matter)

Ozzie has got to start using Jenks for an inning only so we can use him more than one game and then burn him out for a few.

And we have to start using Cotts for more than a batter or two.

That in itself will take more pressure off the marte situation.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Yes, but the two non QS's are embarrassing outings.

And my bad, its 5 out of 7 QSs.

If the offense is decent and scores 4 or so runs per game that means he went 5-2, which is good enough in my book.

I'd glady take

0, 3, 1, 8, 1, 3, 7

like he has done of late.