White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
How's it been over at BTF lately with Sox fans?  I haven't read many gamethreads lately, as I'd rather not think about the game if we lose.  No on has jumped off the ledge?

Nah, there's less highs and lows over there. People were getting worried, but also realized that a 15 game deficit is extremely hard to come back from, even if it reached six games.

It's a small group of Sox fans, but I like 'em. Vince, Cheat, me, and a bunch others. I've met Vince (he's the blogger at Exile in Wrigleyville), he's a really cool guy.

It's been fun, to say the least. Glad Cheat directed me to the site.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Good with the bases loaded?  Sizemore is significantly better than Pods when runners are on base.  Also, I'm not sure what Sizemore's numbers are, but Pods has been brutal getting on base in LIPS.

Empty. Empty. Said that wrong.

BTW. Did I mention how much Chavez blows.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Garcia's on the verge of letting the Royals right back into this game.  Get the sac fly here, get the next guy out, and put it in the hands of our bullpen.

This performance is absolutely unacceptable from Garcia tonight. 9 runs scored and KC isn't put away yet is pretty sad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
There's the sac fly, now get this guy out and take a seat on the bench.

I guess coming down the stretch, the offense has to carry the pitching. If it were not for our pitching, we could not have been leading our division right now. I guess our pitching staff is getting exhausted as we're heading to the end of the regular season.

AND THAT IS WHY I WOULD LOVE TO SEE BMAC TO START FEW GAMES FOR US BEFORE REGULAR SEASON ENDS. PLEASE OZZIE!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
This performance is absolutely unacceptable from Garcia tonight. 9 runs scored and KC isn't put away yet is pretty sad.

He doesn't have it tonite. I'd let him try to get through the botttom of the order next inning, then turn it over to the bp.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
He doesn't have it tonite. I'd let him try to get through the botttom of the order next inning, then turn it over to the bp.

I'd go ahead and pull him now that he is in line for the win. He's battling but just doesn't have it tonight. You can't walk people when you have a big lead. Four runs should be plenty with some decent pitching. If I were Ozzie in this particular case, I wouldn't push my luck.