White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
We've gone over this time and again.  Who gives a flying f*** what the overall bullpen ERA is.  When they actually go to their main guys in a close game, they have solid relievers.  You're the same person that tried to tell me the Yanks bullpen was bad, cause of their overall ERA.

LOL

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
If we score 9 runs in a game in a playoff series, I'll probably be in a good mood.

Well the difference is our hitters wont be facing the worst pitching the league in the playoffs.

Our pitchers have to pitch their best games in the playoffs for our team to have a chance. If they take the series off and do the kind of s*** we have seen lately, its one and done in the playoffs.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Ozzie with the quick trigger.

I just don't understand...

I wasn't watching the pitches, but it sure didn't sound like Neal had "it" tonight...long fly ball for a sac fly, and then a base hit...about to face Sweeney...hell it can't hurt to play the percentages against this monster.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
I wasn't watching the pitches, but it sure didn't sound like Neal had "it" tonight...long fly ball for a sac fly, and then a base hit...about to face Sweeney...hell it can't hurt to play the percentages against this monster.

Percentages?

Sweeney's 4 of 7 vs Viz.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)

Garcia didnt have "it" either but he started the inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
May I add in crappy managing as well?

SHHHHH. You might hurt Ozzie's feelings. He might not show you his AL manager of the year award in only his second year of managing with a "terrible, terrible offense" if you don't stop yelling at him.