Josh Rupe

DBAHO

Good luck to him if it's the case, he's a good pitching prospect and some here were and still are quite high on him;

Manager Buck Showalter said right-hander Josh Rupe, called up Monday from Oklahoma, could make his first start Friday. The would push Kenny Rogers to Saturday, giving him an extra day off after he threw 121 pitches in Sunday's win over Oakland. Edison Volquez would probably start Sunday.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 06:09 AM)
Rupe gave up 2ER tonight in 5 innings, giving up 1BB and 3 K's. He beat Felix Hernandez who gave up 5ER and 8 hits in over 3 innings.

I don't want to beat to death the dead horse, but I will anyway...

I think we traded too many prospects for Everett and Alomar. Knowing that history my hope is we don't lose the likes of McCarthy and other stars of the future by trading propects for old guys.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
I don't want to beat to death the dead horse, but I will anyway...

I think we traded too many prospects for Everett and Alomar. Knowing that history my hope is we don't lose the likes of McCarthy and other stars of the future by trading propects for old guys.

That was the one time we overpaid for a player. I didnt care about the prospects we gave up the other times but for the first time we got Everett we gave up some good players.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I meant KW's era.

KW was technically the GM, even though Ron was behind a lot of that trade, KW was still the guy that pulled the trigger. Not like anoy of the guys we gave up have done much of anything, though. Wells is perfect in a place where they never play any important games and there's no pressure. Bring him back here, and he'd be back to his old self...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
KW was technically the GM, even though Ron was behind a lot of that trade, KW was still the guy that pulled the trigger.  Not like anoy of the guys we gave up have done much of anything, though.  Wells is perfect in a place where they never play any important games and there's no pressure.  Bring him back here, and he'd be back to his old self...

Kip's numbers this year are horrible. Even with no pressure this year, he has been bad.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
KW was technically the GM, even though Ron was behind a lot of that trade, KW was still the guy that pulled the trigger.  Not like anoy of the guys we gave up have done much of anything, though.  Wells is perfect in a place where they never play any important games and there's no pressure.  Bring him back here, and he'd be back to his old self...

Realistically as bad as that deal looked at first, he hasn't turned out quite as awful. Kip Wells started off looking really good, but the past two years he's battled some injuries and really hasn't been anything special.

That said, for a couple years he would of looked real nice in the #5 spot on the southside.

As far as Josh Fogg goes, he had a quick start after the trade but has never really amounted to anything that good either. Sean Lowe pretty much dissapeared.

I hated the trade from day one, but one thing I can say is most everyone KW has dealt hasn't went on to become a star.

Gary Majewski is about the best looking of all of the prospects he's dealt and I was about the only person that ever liked him that much as a prospect :lol:

Of course the verdict is still out on Josh Rupe, who has a pretty damn good arm if you ask me. I haven't looked at how Ring's done with the Mets this year but I know he showed a lot of improvements early this season with his new sidearm delivery so he could also be a guy they miss.

Considering all the deals he's made, I have zero complaints about any of them for the most part. They all made some sense (as to why we needed the players) they just for whatever reason didn't pan out (at least not all of them).

Edit: I guess I should mention Jeremy Reed. Really solid defensively, still has to develop offensively.

The thing is at this point in time KW has made up for every bad move by having a team that will win over 94 games while bringing very few through the farm system and trading for a few others. This team has been assembled using very resource (FA, trade, farm, video(Iguchi)) out there.

In 2003 he had the best team in baseball in my mind, that is all he can do.

KW's trump to any trade

Jose Contrearas AND cash for Estaban Loiaza.