Scott Podsednik

Felix

He's been hot with the bat since coming back from the DL.

In 13 games (not including tonight), he has a .359 average with a .434 OBP, 10 runs scored, 5 doubles, and 1 triple.

He's raised his yearly batting average from .278 to .291 (entering tonight), his slugging% from .332 to .356, and his on base percentage from .345 to .355.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
He's been hot with the bat since coming back from the DL.

In 13 games (not including tonight), he has a .359 average with a .434 OBP, 10 runs scored, 5 doubles, and 1 triple.

He's raised his yearly batting average from .278 to .291 (entering tonight), his slugging% from .332 to .356, and his on base percentage from .345 to .355.

He's been hitting well but WTF was he doing on Berroa's "triple"?

Eh, he would have had a shot at 100 SB's, and he probably would be hitting over .300 right now had it not been for that groin injury a month ago.

Seriously though...I'm too damn pissed right now to be positive about Pods. He had the bases loaded with a chance to put that game away and failed. And let's not forget that ball in left field.

Ugh. Man I'm in a foul mood now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Just cementing his reputation as a terrible defensive player.  Also, anytime he wants to get a hit with the bases loaded, that would be cool with me.

Podsednik is bad at defense? News to me. He is so fast he can get to everything in the field. Podsednik is a bad base stealer and bad on the base paths period? Liar! You are just a podsednik hater!

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Podsednik is bad at defense? News to me. He is so fast he can get to everything in the field. Podsednik is a bad base stealer and bad on the base paths period? Liar! You are just a podsednik hater!

Um...was there supposed to be some green in that post? I'll just assume not and respond to it...

Pods is not a terrible defensive player, but he is no where near as good as he should be with his speed. While he has improved during the year, he has a reputation for getting extremely bad jumps on balls hit his direction (case in point...the ball ARow caught behind him). He also makes some poor judgement calls around the wall, case in point tonight's error.

With his speed, there shouldn't be able to be a ball hit to left field that he can't get unless he's playing in left center and it's hit down the line. He should be a vacuum cleaner. But I think that you'd find almost everyone on this board in agreement if you said that ARow, who is not as fast as Pods, is a much better defender than Pods.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Is this sarcasm about his defense?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Um...was there supposed to be some green in that post?  I'll just assume not and respond to it...

Pods is not a terrible defensive player, but he is no where near as good as he should be with his speed.  While he has improved during the year, he has a reputation for getting extremely bad jumps on balls hit his direction (case in point...the ball ARow caught behind him).  He also makes some poor judgement calls around the wall, case in point tonight's error.

With his speed, there shouldn't be able to be a ball hit to left field that he can't get unless he's playing in left center and it's hit down the line.  He should be a vacuum cleaner.  But I think that you'd find almost everyone on this board in agreement if you said that ARow, who is not as fast as Pods, is a much better defender than Pods.

Have i ever used green while i have been at soxtalk? I don't think it is needed when it is that obvious and when i clearly have hated podsednik from day one.

Podsednik is indeed a terrible outfielder. His jumps, read, and routes to the ball are all bad. Half the time he is stumbling towards the ball because he cannot do the three things i listed correctly. His arm is also a bonafide noodle.

Rowand ( with his not so accurate throwing arm this year)>>>>>>> podsednik.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
:huh:

Nobody would mind if you did.

His stolen bases percentage is right around 74%. The rule of thumb is if you cannot steal bases at a rate of 75% to 80% ( most people say 75%) that you are better off not moving at all. Formulas and lots of research has gone into it for me to believe it. That is not counting all the times he tries to stretch a single into a double or does not try and take the second baseman out hard at second. He ranks as one of are worst base stealers on the team... but no one is as pitiful as uribe. Konerko may very well be one of our top three while on the bases... rarely does he do something that he shouldn't.

Maybe we should bring back valentin to teach our team how to run the bases a little better...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
His stolen bases percentage is right around 74%. The rule of thumb is if you cannot steal bases at a rate of 75% to 80% ( most people say 75%) that you are better off not moving at all. Formulas and lots of research has gone into it for me to believe it. That is not counting all the times he tries to stretch a single into a double or does not try and take the second baseman out hard at second. He ranks as one of are worst base stealers on the team... but no one is as pitiful as uribe. Konerko may very well be one of our top three while on the bases... rarely does he do something that he shouldn't.

Maybe we should bring back valentin to teach our team how to run the bases a little better...

I just can't equate leading the majors in base-stealing with being a bad base-stealer.

He isn't perfect, as we've all seen some of his mistakes, but overall he's far from bad, in my opinion.

Will your opinion change if it jumps 1 percentage point from 74 to the more acceptable 75?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I just can't equate leading the majors in base-stealing with being a bad base-stealer.

He isn't perfect, as we've all seen some of his mistakes, but overall he's far from bad, in my opinion.

Will your opinion change if it jumps 1 percentage point from 74 to the more acceptable 75?

No.

I am more so pissed about him being so bad on the basepaths in general. He is definitely in our lower tier. One way or the other he finds a way to make an out 2-3 times a week on the base paths. If you think i am exaggerating ask around.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
That ranks as one of the most peculiar statements I've ever read on any sports message board.

I actually meant he is one of our worst players on the base paths. My point still stands that he is not a very good base stealer.