Is this OK?

WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
The boys aren't in my area, just the girls that are in boy scouts. What I've read about is that the boys that want to be in it, are boy scouts but want to have a chance to meet and make friends with girls, which is why they want to join the girl scouts.

Well, maybe they need a better reason and that's why they meet resistance. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Well, maybe they need a better reason and that's why they meet resistance.  :huh

Idk, that's all it said, maybe there's some secret they didn't share about why they really want to be in it. Because if you want to meet new girls, just take classes at school that have a lot of girls in them.

QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I really enjoyed my time in Boy Scouts. I wish I could still be a part of the organization as an adult and help give back for all that it gave me as a kid.

Register to be a merit badge counseler. It doesn't take very much time at all, and you can still help out. Beyond that, if you have more time available, I'm sure you could find a troop in need of an assistant scoutmaster.

QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
I really enjoyed my time in Boy Scouts. I wish I could still be a part of the organization as an adult and help give back for all that it gave me as a kid.

And DJ, that is a source of some inner conflict for me that you couldn't openly and honestly be a volunteer. However, if you are ever in South Texas, there is a Troop that would welcome you with open arms.

It's a terrible quandary. I respect the rights of private groups to set membership standards from their group, but don't agree with the standards this organization's Charter Partners (mostly Churches) has set.

BTW, I spent the weekend on South Padre Island with out new Venture Crew. 6 boys and 3 girls. We had a blast. Kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, cooking. Monte Cristo sandwiches for lunch, peel and eat shrimp boil for appetizers, fish florentine with rice and snow pea pods for dinner and a chocolate upside down cake for dessert. My boys really know how to cook, I've taught them well. For breakfast, while I was kayaking with some dolphins, the kids set up a pancake buffet, blueberries, chocolate chip, nuts, and whipping cream. Meanwhile, and the parents thank me for being a leader :lolhitting

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
So there's still time left, thank goodness!  Based on his only interaction with me, I was left assuming that Rex had a whole bunch of dog jokes to share.

One can hardly go wrong with animal jokes, I think.  :)

Mercy, you have me all wrong......