Official Game Thread, Sox vs. Royals, 9/15/05

Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
I'm as negative as it gets, but anyone giving up on this team with a 4.5 game lead is an f'n pussy.  If it makes you feel better, fine.  However, to give up on them is ridiculous.

Huh?

Not when they had a 12+ (I don't even remember what it was) lead earlier in the year!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as negative as it gets, but anyone giving up on this team with a 4.5 game lead is an f'n pussy.  If it makes you feel better, fine.  However, to give up on them is ridiculous.

Damn, talk to them. I am 100% in agreement with you Fathom. Even with this loss, we are still 4.5 games up on the Indians. Although it looks mighty bleaked right now, but we are definitely OUT of the race. Buckle up everyone and get ready for a ROUGH ride to the finish. We'll win it in the end. Mark my word!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Phrases I don't want to hear after this game:

"Cleveland can not continue to play at this pace."

Our lead in the loss column.

"We haven't lost focus."

"No one in the clubhouse is worried."

"If back in March you could have a 4.5 game lead with two weeks to play."

EL DUQUE!

Kenny Williams for Executive of the Year.

Let me add...

I quit

I am not watching this team anymore

I am not going anymore

I wish I hadn't bought playoff tickets

I am glad I didn't get playoff tickets

I am not going to anymore games

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Folks we are witnessing the BIGGEST collapse in baseball history......... :headshake  :banghead  :puke

Would this literally be the biggest lead lost in mlb history? If that's true, the next logical question is how long before you could wear a Sox hat in public again?

Huh?

Not when they had a 12+ (I don't even remember what it was) lead earlier in the year!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Phrases I don't want to hear after this game:

"Cleveland can not continue to play at this pace."

Our lead in the loss column.

"We haven't lost focus."

"No one in the clubhouse is worried."

"If back in March you could have a 4.5 game lead with two weeks to play."

EL DUQUE!

Kenny Williams for Executive of the Year.

Maybe you should vaca from the board for a bit then..

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Well if they collapse they are not getting one red cent from me next year.  I spend money to watch these people play, win or lose.  But this s*** is silly, laying down is not worth my money.  I will spend my money on Soxfest tickets so I can get in line for Q&A.  After that f*** this.  This is the worst I have felt since the strike.

And these f***ers had the gaul to questions the fans for not showing up.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO f***ING SHOW UP.

Really, when are they going to show up. I am too embarass to go to the Cleveland series even though I have tickets, This is Grade A Bulls***. Even the Cubs did not choke this bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Well if they collapse they are not getting one red cent from me next year.  I spend money to watch these people play, win or lose.  But this s*** is silly, laying down is not worth my money.  I will spend my money on Soxfest tickets so I can get in line for Q&A.  After that f*** this.  This is the worst I have felt since the strike.

And these f***ers had the gaul to questions the fans for not showing up.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO f***ING SHOW UP.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Damn, talk to them.  I am 100% in agreement with you Fathom.  Even with this loss, we are still 4.5 games up on the Indians.  Although it looks mighty bleaked right now, but we are definitely OUT of the race.  Buckle up everyone and get ready for a ROUGH ride to the finish.  We'll win it in the end.  Mark my word!

It wasn't all that long ago we were saying "people...we still have a 9 game lead!". This lead keeps falling REAL fast. We keep hearing about how we have the rest of the games against subpar teams. Well, one of those teams is about to take 2 of 3, and they also happen to be the worst team in baseball. Nothing would make the Twins and Indians happier than to make us look REAL bad.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Damn, talk to them.  I am 100% in agreement with you Fathom.  Even with this loss, we are still 4.5 games up on the Indians.  Although it looks mighty bleaked right now, but we are definitely NOT OUT of the race.  Buckle up everyone and get ready for a ROUGH ride to the finish.  We'll win it in the end.  Mark my word!

Unlike past years when we had to rely on the Twins losing down the stretch to make the playoffs, the fate of the Sox rest in their own hands. I know that Ozzie and Cooper keep saying they're going to stick with the players that have got them here. Well boys, some of these veterans are responsible for the Sox massive slump. Play the guys who have the best chance to help the Sox win, and leave the egos at the f***ing door.

Damn this f***ing team. Damn them.

Pierznyski thrown out at home, Podsednik caught stealing, Everett rounding third too much, THIS IS STUPID f***ING s*** THAT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN.

My goodness. My brother texts me in the middle of school, saying that we got playoff tickets. Man, was I happy. Then I turn into the Sox game, and they're up 2-0. And now this.

This is unbelievable. This is un-f***ing-believable...

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
And here I am, looking at the standings and seeing the White Sox still with the best record in the AL.

I'm also looking at the "previous 10 games" and noticing that they are 5-5, just like Boston.

Don't go making sense in these here parts...

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
And here I am, looking at the standings and seeing the White Sox still with the best record in the AL.

I'm also looking at the "previous 10 games" and noticing that they are 5-5, just like Boston.

I notice that the Indians are what, 8-2? Who gives a s*** about Boston right now. We also had a 7 game winning streak, and have since lost 6 out of 7.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
I would soon not give me cleveland tickets away, because the team would make money when somebody else shows up, this teams deserves no support for this pussy footing style of play.

GIVE EM UP I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AND FOOD OR DRINK!!!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
It wasn't all that long ago we were saying "people...we still have a 9 game lead!". This lead keeps falling REAL fast. We keep hearing about how we have the rest of the games against subpar teams. Well, one of those teams is about to take 2 of 3, and they also happen to be the worst team in baseball. Nothing would make the Twins and Indians happier than to make us look REAL bad.

And nothing would make ME more happy than to see their facial expressions when we ARE in the playoff comes October!!!

Have faith!