Jenks=closer

iguchi=dank

Hermanson this year, has been fantastic. But lets be serious, he is one of those closers who has been winning the percentage game this year, meaning sure he has good stuff. and when you have good stuff most of the time you will not lose the game pitching 1 inning. He is like a bob wickman, and jones for the marlins, sure they are going to get alot of saves. But seriously do players FEAR them.. no(I do fear hermanson's goatee though). I know ozzie loves to be loyal but I seriously believe hermanson doesn't give a crap if he pitches the 8th(where he would be fantasic at) and not the 9th.

This team needs a shakeup. Jenks should be the closer. iguchi should play every day. same with konerko, dye, pods, aj, and most everybody else. He needs to rotate some people in for everett and crede once in a while. That right there should be the plan, and of course drop duque for mcarthy and see what happens. If they lose with some of those moves then they lose. At least you tried. ... Jesus they just need some luck and squeek into the playoffs. then they can breathe a sigh of relief and play with nothing to lose. For now though its seriously time to be nervous because as much as hate to say it, the indians are hot. alot hotter than us. thank god we still have 5 games on em and get ready for a beautiful Marriotti artice tomorrow or Fri. YOU KNOW ITS COMING

First point...Jenks pitched 2 innings last night...who knows if he was even able to go tonight.

But more importantly, let me say this...if Hermanson's back is putting him in such dire straits that he gives up 4 straight singles to the Royals in a save situation, he should not be closing games.

If tonight was some sign of rust because he's gotten extra rest lately because of the back...well, I can tolerate that. But that coaching staff right now needs to sit down with Hermanson and ask him if he can keep going, or if tonight is a harbinger of what we'll see the rest of the year. If he can't go...then it's Bobby's turn.

I don't think that's as much loyalty as it is the guy having proved he could do it all year long until now. If he's healthy enough, he still gives us the best chance to win, because he's given us the best chance to win all year. But if he ain't healthy, he needs to step aside.

listen i'm not saying jenks should have been in there tonight. He probably couldn't have pitched. I'm talking about games coming up. thats all. I'm not saying this is the worst day and all that crap. I still think the sox are gonna be in the playoffs but hell they need to mix it up a little.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Oddly Cotts can pitch more than an inning.  But we use him as a f***ing LOOGY. 

Jenks should be the closer.  Stop burning him for more than an inning.

Cotts did not have it tonight. Cotts gave up a deep fly ball for a sac fly that nearly left the park, and a base hit right before Sweeney came up. Viz sure seemed like the right choice to me, and he was.

I know hermy's gotten this far.. But seriously it should be discussed that Jenks should close. I don't care if jenks has like zero experience because here's the stone cold truth. Jenks is ALOT better than hermanson. Wash off the sox homer slober and realize the truth and the truth is J E N K S

PS and i don't give a crap if jenks closes tomorrow and gives up a lead. He should close thats final.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
I like Jenks, but maybe even more important is his ability to be effective for 2 and 3 innings in relief. Hermy might have been rusty, I don't know. Maybe it's his back, but this is only his 2nd blown save I think.

We have multiple people in the pen that go can two plus innings. So we cannot use that excuse that we need him for mutiple innings. If he was truly are closer he would be able to pitch two innings followed up by one the next. But i don't think we have to worry about that unless hermanson is eit her awful to start the year next year or is really injured.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Ozzie will stay with Hermie until will are out of the playoff hunt and beyond that. He'd rather be loyal than actually win f-ing games. Bye bye!!!

Loyalty is the most essential compound needed for successful chemistry!

It's not as if we're only leading our divison by 5 games.....

What? Well, it's not as if 6 games remain with a team on our heels.......

It's more important to remain loyal with the players who've brought you where you are, despite poor performance and injury, rather than place rookies in new roles. Remember this.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Yeah Hermy really f***ed me in era last night. I traded Mariano Rivera for Clemens when Halladay went down. I have Hermy, Coco Cordero and Fernando Rodney and they never seem to pitch in games. I got a lot of mileage out of Dustin but he;s just been an absent fantasy closer since June or so

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Yeah Hermy really f***ed me in era last night. I traded Mariano Rivera for Clemens when Halladay went down. I have Hermy, Coco Cordero and Fernando Rodney and they never seem to pitch in games. I got a lot of mileage out of Dustin but he;s just been an absent fantasy closer since June or so

Yeah, I've got Hermanson, Cordero, BJ Ryan, K-Rod and Huston Street. Huston didn't give me much at the beginning as well as Hermanson however Ryan and Cordero were ridiculous then but have cooled off opertunity wise over the past few months.

First of all. Viz should have stayed in last night, he was pitching a really nice game. Secondly, if you compare Hermys stuff now, to that of when he was a dominant closer, you will see they are night and day. Remember Hermy's streak? The guy was lights out. Now you wince every time he leaves a slider over the plate. Fact is, he doesnt have it right now. You have to go with Jenks.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
I like Jenks, but maybe even more important is his ability to be effective for 2 and 3 innings in relief. Hermy might have been rusty, I don't know. Maybe it's his back, but this is only his 2nd blown save I think.

That's actually his fourth blown save... and recently he hasn't looked good.

Last 9 games:

4 saves, 3 blown saves, 2 losses, 1 win

Like I've been saying, he needs to be traded in the offseason. All he throws is sliders, he does not have dominant stuff, and the league is catching up to him. His value will (barring injury and further self-degradation) never be higher. Sorry to all you Hermanson lovers. I appreciate what the guy has done for us, but Jenks is clearly our closer next year if not the remainder of this season.

I'd say let Jenks work the 8th and if he dominates, then let him start the 9th. If he gets the outs but looks less than awesome, then yeah, bring in Hermanson to start the 9th. This goes for Cotts, Viz, Marte or Pollitte too. If your closer is your "go-to guy", he should be able to come in with runners on if need be.