On the bright side.....

fathom

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
You know what burns me?  Not just that we've let our massive lead slip away and been a .500 club since July, or that Cleveland is the White Sox of the 2nd Half, but seeing things like Cleveland socking it to the A's, whom we just cannot beat.

Aaaaagh! :unsure:

Well on the stupid news front, Ozzie is resting starters again. Gooch who has a day off tomorrow is being rested so we can get the electric willie f***ing harris in the lineup. Keep resting the starters Ozzie and keep watching the lead go down.

:puke

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Well on the stupid news front, Ozzie is resting starters again.  Gooch who has a day off tomorrow is being rested so we can get the electric willie f***ing harris in the lineup.  Keep resting the starters Ozzie and keep watching the lead go down. 

If nothing else, you do have to give Ozzie some credit for 1 thing...aside from Podsednik (and of course Thomas)...he's managed to keep basically the entire starting lineup from hurting themselves on stupid plays. Yeah, you have the occasional Crede/Uribe hit by pitch injury, but in terms of people overworking themselves and pulling a muscle or something like that, he's managed to avoid it. Especially when you have a guy as injury-prone as Dye on your roster, that is something we should give him some props for, even if it has cost us a few games.

What would cost us more games...giving people a day off every week or two, or having a guy go on the 15 day DL because he overworked himself and sprained/twisted something or he just didn't give a small tweak time to heal properly?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
If nothing else, you do have to give Ozzie some credit for 1 thing...aside from Podsednik (and of course Thomas)...he's managed to keep basically the entire starting lineup from hurting themselves on stupid plays.  Yeah, you have the occasional Crede/Uribe hit by pitch injury, but in terms of people overworking themselves and pulling a muscle or something like that, he's managed to avoid it.  Especially when you have a guy as injury-prone as Dye on your roster, that is something we should give him some props for, even if it has cost us a few games.

What would cost us more games...giving people a day off every week or two, or having a guy go on the 15 day DL because he overworked himself and sprained/twisted something or he just didn't give a small tweak time to heal properly?

They have a day off tomorrow. Last time I checked we are fighting for a playoff spot. But I guess if we dont make the playoffs, we can look at our stellar health as a positive for next year.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
They have a day off tomorrow.  Last time I checked we are fighting for a playoff spot. But I guess if we dont make the playoffs, we can look at our stellar health as a positive for next year.

They have an off day tomorrow? Are you and I looking at the same schedule? As far as I can tell, we don't have any off days left on the calendar. Friday Sept. 16th, at Minnesota, game on WCIU (sh*t, get Twins announcers on DirecTV), starts at 7:10.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I'd rather be 5 up than even. I really would rather be 5 up than 5 down. No worries mate.

I'm enjoying this little bit of tension in the final weeks. Hopefully just enough to keep everyone sharp and focused.

I hate to have to say it...but right now, does this team look "Sharp and focused"?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
I hate to have to say it...but right now, does this team look "Sharp and focused"?

Not yet. Good point. But they do look 5 up, the biggest lead in the AL. There isn't another team I would swap with right now in the AL.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
point taken....only thing is they play KC 7 more times and tampa 3 more....their other 6 are against us. if we dont at minimum split...you can kiss the division good bye and say hello to the WC hopefully

well look on the bright side....In the last few years the WC has won the World Series.... ;)