The Only Possible Silver Lining

LVSoxFan

I'll put it in list form.

1. We sucked in late August because the bats were awful, even if the pitching was good (Garland: 1 hitter and we LOSE). Now the bats are there and the pitching's awful. Should the two align themselves in the next couple of weeks, this may all become a bad memory.

2. Losing two to the lowly KC Royals when we needed a win the most is the lowest of the low--if this doesn't motivate the team, nothing will. They need to forget the "sure thing" playoff spot--they're underdogs now. Period. Maybe that will light a fire under their ass.

3. I cannot believe that KW and even let-it-roll-off Ozzie are going to sit there and let this happen, on their end.

4. If the slump is broken in Minnesota, that's a confidence-builder going into Cleveland.

5. If we rough up Cleveland (a stretch, I know), then they're out of it.

6. Maybe it's time to bring in McCarthy, as he is the hot hand. Sounds ridiculous? Remember, Contreras was a goat until August--right now he's an ace. If we have two dominating pitchers, that's a momentum-swinger. Right now the problem is we only have one. Buehrle has been awful, Garland has been thin, El Duque's been a disaster.

I'm just as worried as you guys, but I'm not going to concede this thing until it is over.

Remember: the Boston Red Sox were dead and buried in the ALCS last year. Dead. And look what they did. Just a few plays changed the momentum of the whole thing. We've come back to win some impossible games; consider the rest of the season that impossible game.

What we lack now, IMO, is heart. Everybody's taking the losses too hard because I believe they, like us, never thought they'd be fighting for it after such a dominating season. Well, here's your chance, boys--nobody's gonna hand us anything.

You can look at this at the end of the world, or you can look at it as an opportunity. If they completely collapse, there's plenty of time for crying in October. I'm not going to even think about until then, or until we're mathematically eliminated before then. 'Cause stranger things have happened.

I'm no delusional, and I'm glad everybody here's such a realist (I got banned from another site for being a dark cloud--HAH! You should see what they're posting on that site now! 10X worse than anything I even suggested), but it is not over yet. And I won't give up until it is, quite literally, over.

The three good things about today:

1. The Indians aren't playing. Therefore, although they are the hottest team in baseball, it is impossible for them to win, without a rip in the space time continuum.

2. The offense scored enough to win, for the third game in a row, which has not happened in a while. Now we just need to put it together with a couple decent pitching performances and the sun will shine again (hopefully).

3. I just found out about the random Vin Diesel facts page (www.4q.cc/vin) and I've been laughing my ass off ever since.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Jesus Christ that's incredible.

Yeah, it is. I have one of the quotes from that as an away message I use quite often.

In 2006, Vin Diesel will star and direct the film 'Hannibal', about Hannibal Barca, the Carthaginian General who led an elephant-riding army across the alps to attack Rome in the 3rd century BC. The film is actually footage taken when Vin Diesel led the army himself hundreds of years ago, with the intent of releasing it as a film as soon as Earth technology caught up with his superior, home-made equipment.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Yeah, it is.  I have one of the quotes from that as an away message I use quite often.

In 2006, Vin Diesel will star and direct the film 'Hannibal', about Hannibal Barca, the Carthaginian General who led an elephant-riding army across the alps to attack Rome in the 3rd century BC. The film is actually footage taken when Vin Diesel led the army himself hundreds of years ago, with the intent of releasing it as a film as soon as Earth technology caught up with his superior, home-made equipment.

I've been using the White Sox magic # as an away message for a while.

I think I'm going back to "Show me potato salad!".