Ozzie melting down?

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Ozzie sounds like Mariotti, hell, half this board sounds like Mariotti.  :ph34r:  :sweep:

I disagree. Mariotti is an a ... well, never mind. I don't want to be accused of making a personal attack. :P This board is full of passionate Sox fans who don't want to see another fold job. We care about the team. Mariotti doesn't. Mariotti is a Chicago import who writes crap just to get people stirred up.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
I disagree. Mariotti is an a ... well, never mind. I don't want to be accused of making a personal attack. :P This board is full of passionate Sox fans who don't want to see another fold job. We care about the team. Mariotti doesn't. Mariotti is a Chicago import who writes crap just to get people stirred up.

The end result in black and white, on the printed page, is the same. If it makes you feel better to read it from "someone who cares" so be it. :D

And thank you for explaining to me who makes up this board, I guess I need to stop by more.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
just hang on and hope the ride's a fun one

Remember about a month ago when Freddy lost that 1 hitter on a HR against Santana? I said then it would be the turning point for this team. They were either gonna catch fire and run away with the division, or lay down and die. Since then,I've seen few signs of life.

With the lead down to 4.5, the ride has already gotten fun.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
thats not good.  I remember he had like 45-50 steals before he got injured and was out for the extended period of time but he is still getting caught on the bases.

When Henderson stole 130, he was caught 42 times!!! Runners will get caught, not as often as they make it though

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Not the kind of attitude you want to have.  Buehrle better just keep his mouth shut.  If that's how he feels, then that's what's going to happen. :headshake

Huh!!! Atta Boy mark, He's saying the damn truth. what's so bad about that ? :huh:

I agree with Ozzie's quotes. I agree with Buerhle's quotes. I like that both of them said what they did.

I am still a bit of an optimist, so here is my positive perspective on this (since we all seem to need one). These quotes are different than those I've seen lately. The ones earlier this month, and in August, were much more laid-back. Or they were filled with excuses. Or in Oz's case, they were negative, but usually conditioned immediately after. Not today.

Why is that good? Because the plain-old critical analysis I am now hearing is more like the clear thinking this team had the first few months of the season. I just hope the rest of the team gets their heads clear in time to open it up on this stretch run.

:pray

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
God forbid there is some competition for this Division Title, It makes things fun...

In '83 we won the Division by 20- lost in 4

In '93 we won the DIvision by 8- lost in 6

In '00 we won the DIvision by 5- lost in 3

Lets win it by 1 and see what happens then!!!

We tried that once already in 2003. We were up in the division by 2 games heading into August, with 7 games left versus Minnesota.

We won the first 2, Jose Paniagua did a little something-something on the mound, and we lost the next 5.

I'm not about to want to go down that route again.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
When Henderson stole 130, he was caught 42 times!!!  Runners will get caught, not as often as they make it though

The goal, I believe, is to be successful roughly 75% of the time. Clearly, Henderson was durign that season.

Earlier this year, Pods was above an 85% clip. Since the AS break, I'd be surprised if he was at a 50% clip.