Going Into Monday vs. Cleveland

spiderman

OK, so going into Friday night's opener at Minnesota, we have a 4.5 game lead.

We face Santana, which is bad enough, but even worse when you consider El Duque is going against him, and still even worse, when Guillen will end up using McCarthy for 4+ innings, after he enters the game trailing 5-0.

So, I don't see any possible way for us to win Saturday's game - maybe not being on TV is a good thing for White Sox fans on Saturday.

This basically means we have to win tonight, with the return of Judy Garland, and on Sunday, where I do like the matchup of Jose Contreras (our only starting pitcher who's shown up in the 2nd half) vs. Kyle Lohse.

So, despite by sarcasm above, I hope Garland can get it done tonight because I feel confident, if that happens that we can take 2 of 3 at Minnesota.

Meanwhile, Cleveland should at the bare minimum win 2 of 3 also from KC. Since things are going bad for the White Sox, I'll predict a sweep, and say that going into Monday's series, the White Sox hold a 3.5 game lead......

One more thought...playing the Twins down the stretch would normally make me sick, but the current team they have may be just what we need - they don't hit good, but most of the time pitch solid, so let's hope that our pitching can start to turn it around this series in some low scoing games, and we can build off that heading back to Chicago vs. Cleveland next week.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Gee nice too see you are so optimistic.

Can santana be beat ..YES!! he has lost 7 times this year.So i dont see why he cant lose his 8th to us.!~! Have some faith.. I am hoping for a minny sweep!

I doubt it. Garcia gave up like 1 hit last time against Santana and still ended up losing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Santana vs El Duque.  LOL  You dont need to throw darts at the dartboard to figure out who is going to win this.

:lolhitting A more true statement couldn't have been said here. El Duque is horrible.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Santana vs El Duque.  LOL  You dont need to throw darts at the dartboard to figure out who is going to win this.

Absolutely Right on this one, El Duque shouldn't even be in the lineup i still have no idea why Ozzie thinks he deserves another chance hes lost 7 out of his last 9 starts. oh wait"its cuz McCarthy isn't a Cy-Young Winner" last i heard garland or buehrle have never won a cy young award yet. :headshake

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Absolutely Right on this one, El Duque shouldn't even be in the lineup i still have no idea why Ozzie thinks he deserves another chance hes lost 7 out of his last 9 starts. oh wait"its cuz McCarthy isn't a Cy-Young Winner" last i heard garland or buehrle have never won a cy young award yet. :headshake

So...your solution would be to replace Garland, Buehrle, and El Duque with BMac?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Hey Welcome aboard.. only been saying this since we signed him to the overpaid deal.

I'd have preferred to sign him to a 1 year deal...Don't really have a problem with him as a #5 starter, but McCarthy is clearly outpitching him, and now's not the time for Ozzie Guillen to be worrying about El Duque's feelings. Put the guy in who can help us win games.