Bears Vs Detroit

Kyyle23

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
Fathom, weren't you b****ing last week about how the Bears didn't do a good job of getting their hands up in the air on passes?

Yet, where are you this week to compliment?  Of course, that would probably be too hard, but...

Actually, no, that wasn't me b****ing about that. Thanks though! I never said a single thing about getting their hands up. The main thing I said tht you fought with me was that Thomas Jones is better than our 2nd WR in regards to around the NFL.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
I remember me being blasted last week for saying that he's living off of those Randy Moss games and is definately the most overrated Bear on the team. Now it looks like some people are finally seeing the light.

No, you got ripped because you said Santana Moss burned him all day, when in reality, it was Azumah who couldn't cover a piece of grass last weekend.

And, well, because you said "f*** this board" about a month ago, and are still here. That's probably the funniest thing of all.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
No, you got ripped because you said Santana Moss burned him all day, when in reality, it was Azumah who couldn't cover a piece of grass last weekend.

And, well, because you said "f*** this board" about a month ago, and are still here.  That's probably the funniest thing of all.

I'm still waiting to know why you accused me of b****ing about the defenders not getting their hands up?

wow.

the bears offense is looking completely different.

i love how they are playing actual bear football.

Pound the ball up the middle, followed by screens, all of which will open a big play every once and awhile.

D is looking stellar as always.

Orton is playing ALOT better than i expected, and i was one that wanted him to start right after rex went down.

Moose is doing his job perfectly.

Way to prove me wrong guys.

Thomas Jones is a good NFL starter in my opinion. That's why I never got the Benson pick. That said, looks like a big win for the Bears today and Joey Harrington not having a good day. This division blows. Let't see how Green Bay responds today. The BEars might have the only c-plus or better D in the division. Detroit's is a bit overrated after last week, Minnesota's is obviously overrated (even to my surprise) and we all know Green Bay's hasn't been good in years.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Thomas Jones is a good NFL starter in my opinion. That's why I never got the Benson pick. That said, looks like a big win for the Bears today and Joey Harrington not having a good day. This division blows. Let't see how Green Bay responds today. The BEars might have the only c-plus or better D in the division. Detroit's is a bit overrated after last week, Minnesota's is obviously overrated (even to my surprise) and we all know Green Bay's hasn't been good in years.

I've been saying that since April. going into the draft, we had bigger worries than RB, if we draft Mike Williams we'd be drafting the receiver we thought David Terrell would be.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
I've been saying that since April.  going into the draft, we had bigger worries than RB, if we draft Mike Williams we'd be drafting the receiver we thought David Terrell would be.

I had the same argument with CWSGuy last week. Isn't it amazing how a good WR like Moose can get open, yet guys who are never double-teamed like Gage can't?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Detroit's defense is terrible...one of the absolute worst in the NFL.  They make the Redskins look like the Steel Curtain.  Yes, the Packers are that bad if they could only put up 3 points against this squad:

DE: HOLE

DT: Marcus Bell (Solid)

DT: Shaun Rogers (All-Pro Caliber)

DE: James Hall (Solid)

OLB: Boss Bailey (Solid)

MLB: HOLE

OLB: HOLE

CB: Fernando Bryant (Solid)

CB: Dre Bly (Solid)

SS: Kenoy Kennedy (Solid)

FS: HOLE

Thomas Jones might kick some ass against a defense like this, but let's not forget that he's slightly above average at best. Would he make a Top 25 list of RBs in this league? Perhaps, but barely. Now, Cedric Benson? There is a good possibility that he could be Top 10 in his prime.

Oh, and Soxfan101, I consider Wilkinson to be merely adequate at this juncture (why he's not listed despite the fact that he starts over Bell), and I believe that Bly can sniff out big plays, but he's nothing more than adequate on coverage.