who banks on a saturday?

sox4lifeinPA

UGH people who work 2nd or 3rd shift.

night drop, phone banking, internet banking, ATM deposit banking.

There are few reasons why you need to see a bank teller. Direct Deposit should be mandatory. Check Cards should replace all hand written checks.

I was a bank teller for 2 years during high school and I have to say... some folks just don't like the direct deposit. Personally I would never use the ATM deposit (I used to reconcille it and it was ALWAYS wrong). A lot of companies DON'T offer DD so it isn't the employees fault. I do have DD, but when I need cash I do go directly to the teller to cash a check. Sometimes the ATM is down, others are in line, etc, etc..

Perhaps a change in profession is in order? :huh:

Perhaps a change in profession is in order?

4 years now...finishing school. lol...this is DEFINITELY not my profession of choice. just pays the bills pretty well.

ATM deposits can be a pain, if the depositor can't punch in the numbers correctly.

I think my major problem are the middle aged women...If you worked at a bank for 2 years, you know EXACTLY what I mean.

Plus, you got to realize some of the older generations aren't really comfortable trusting atm's etc. Heck, when it comes to depositing stuff there is nothing I trust more then going into the bank in person, where I get my receipt etc.

Also, the thing that sucks about ATMS is the damn fees they charge. I only use my banks or Washington Mutuals atm (They have no service charge). Then again I found out my bank will credit my account for the charges that occur (Up to 6 times) but I bank with a small bank. They know my name and it makes it easy on me.

Perhaps a change in profession is in order?

4 years now...finishing school. lol...this is DEFINITELY not my profession of choice. just pays the bills pretty well.

ATM deposits can be a pain, if the depositor can't punch in the numbers correctly.

I think my major problem are the middle aged women...If you worked at a bank for 2 years, you know EXACTLY what I mean.

Personally I found the social security folks to be the worst. And men more than woman. Usually the woman would cash the check and take it home (under the mattress or whatever) but the men would fight about every little fee. They were quite comical that I remember. But I couldn't blame them. That's all most of them have and they just want to make sure it's safe.

I did it in high school. The money was really good. $5.35 an hour back then ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey i bank on saturdays or sundays (mine is open on both) i wouldnt trust direct deposit ever again... my company offeres it and i took it.. worked fine for a while then they had a computer glitch and it screwed up everyone who had it.....pay was not deposited on time ect... you get the drift........i will never again use it.. ill take that check right to the bank and put it in there myself.........

hey i bank on saturdays or sundays (mine is open on both) i wouldnt trust direct deposit ever again... my company offeres it and i took it.. worked fine for a while then they had a computer glitch and it screwed up everyone who had it.....pay was not deposited on time ect... you get the drift........i will never again use it.. ill take that check right to the bank and put it in there myself.........

I do the same, for the same reasons.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im glad im not the only one........... ;) i dont trust computers with my money.....not when dumbasses are doing the inputting.........i want it on paper in my hands.......... :D

I don't do the direct deposit thing just because I know it pisses the tellers off.  They are getting paid to be there anyway...I might as well give them one more thing to do.

lol....you came in this morning!

I'm actually in a college town, so I get 85% college students, yet 50% of them are international students.

the only problem about the "you're getting paid to work there, so do the work" idea, is that I shouldn't have to be there. It was about 845 AM when I started this thread...I was just pissed I had to end my friday evening early because bastards like you, hehe jk, HAVE to come into the bank on a saturday.

quick story...a girl got a graduation gift (1000 bucks in ones..all in a brief case) guess who had to hand count that?

and you're telling me I don't have a right to complain??

have a nice night:)

I'm actually in a college town, so I get 85% college students, yet 50% of them are international students.

the only problem about the "you're getting paid to work there, so do the work" idea, is that I shouldn't have to be there. It was about 845 AM when I started this thread...I was just pissed I had to end my friday evening early because bastards like you, hehe jk, HAVE to come into the bank on a saturday.

quick story...a girl got a graduation gift (1000 bucks in ones..all in a brief case) guess who had to hand count that?

Find a new job it is that simple

I knew I should have gave her $1000 in pennies! :D

I knew I should have gave her $1000 in pennies! :D

While putting myself through college, I was working as a cashier and then the customer service desk where we would take bills, do money orders, lottery, etc. Every other Saturday there was an older woman who would come in with change for a money order for between $80-$100. I was the only one she'd go to because she said the others would always screw up (generally on purpose). It never bothered me much because it took plenty of time - anything to eat time while working that mundane job.

I use direct deposit without a doubt. Making an hour and a half commute to work everyday, and with banking rules the way that they are, if I get paid on a Friday, I can't get to my bank until Saturday morning. Then if I deposit my check then, I can't use those funds to pay my bills until Tuesday. Lots of times those 3 days cost me late fees of $30 a piece or so on my credit cards.

But that being said, maybe on my trip to Texas this summer I will have to gather up my $800 in change and go visit a certian credit union at about 11:55 am on a Saturday... :ph34r:

But that being said, maybe on my trip to Texas this summer I will have to gather up my $800 in change and go visit a certian credit union at about 11:55 am on a Saturday...

:fyou

you know it dude....we're open til 1:) so come on in...hehe.

I've got a question for all you bankers:

If I deposit a check after a certain time it doesn't go in until the next business day. And likewise, if I deposit it before that posted time it will be available immediately.

Now my question:

How come when my bank counted a check I wrote twice they told me it would take 3 business days? Pissed me off. This was no $10 check. It was my car payment, which by the way, they convienently hold the lien on.

I've got a question for all you bankers:

If I deposit a check after a certain time it doesn't go in until the next business day. And likewise, if I deposit it before that posted time it will be available immediately.

Now my question:

How come when my bank counted a check I wrote twice they told me it would take 3 business days? Pissed me off. This was no $10 check. It was my car payment, which by the way, they convienently hold the lien on.

Honestly the "after 3" rule is bulls***. They tell you that.. but if you write a check on the funds - as long as you don't try to cash it at that bank - they will honor it. Likewise if you have been a customer with the bank for any length of time they cut you some slack.

I don't quite understand your question about the car payment check. You wrote them 2, they cashed both, then made you wait for your money back..? If that's the case, then you should have b****ed up a storm and they should have given you your $$ back immediately (If they are the lien holder anyway).