who banks on a saturday?

sox4lifeinPA

I've got a question for all you bankers:

If I deposit a check after a certain time it doesn't go in until the next business day. And likewise, if I deposit it before that posted time it will be available immediately.

Now my question:

How come when my bank counted a check I wrote twice they told me it would take 3 business days? Pissed me off. This was no $10 check. It was my car payment, which by the way, they convienently hold the lien on.

Honestly the "after 3" rule is bulls***. They tell you that.. but if you write a check on the funds - as long as you don't try to cash it at that bank - they will honor it. Likewise if you have been a customer with the bank for any length of time they cut you some slack.

I don't quite understand your question about the car payment check. You wrote them 2, they cashed both, then made you wait for your money back..? If that's the case, then you should have b****ed up a storm and they should have given you your $$ back immediately (If they are the lien holder anyway).

No. I wrote one check. They cashed it twice. It's a small bank and I know the Manager and just about all the tellers personally. I'd really prefer to leave, but I've got a good deal going there. No fees, no ATM fees at other banks, etc.

No. I wrote one check. They cashed it twice. It's a small bank and I know the Manager and just about all the tellers personally. I'd really prefer to leave, but I've got a good deal going there. No fees, no ATM fees at other banks, etc.

Hmm.. small bank. While most banks are held to federal laws (the exception being some privately owned ones), some of the private ones get to make some of their own rules. I guess you suck it up. But that sucks!

If I deposit a check after a certain time it doesn't go in until the next business day. And likewise, if I deposit it before that posted time it will be available immediately.

Now my question:

How come when my bank counted a check I wrote twice they told me it would take 3 business days? Pissed me off. This was no $10 check. It was my car payment, which by the way, they convienently hold the lien on.

Honestly the "after 3" rule is bulls***. They tell you that.. but if you write a check on the funds - as long as you don't try to cash it at that bank - they will honor it. Likewise if you have been a customer with the bank for any length of time they cut you some slack.

I don't quite understand your question about the car payment check. You wrote them 2, they cashed both, then made you wait for your money back..? If that's the case, then you should have b****ed up a storm and they should have given you your $$ back immediately (If they are the lien holder anyway).

I had the exact samething happen at National City Bank (name publish to punish the assholes) with a debit. It was a 10 day appeal process!

F National City Bank!!

tank.gif

I'm so rich I don't worry about it. I just put my paychecks in my sock drawer and cash them when my account balance drops below $10,000.

(And for those that are thinking I might be the most arrogant prick ever to step foot on here, that's an inside joke for the ESPN board guys--I'm not QUITE that well off)

my advice about check cashing/depositing...try your hardest to join a credit union. It is night and day comparing the two. Banks are in business for themselves and their share holders, which means you are worthless.

my CU allows you to cash or deposit a check under 500, no questions asked(except credit card checks). if the check is from a business, likewise, no questions.

banks really really suck, even the small ones(because they'll eventually get bought up by a big one)

and for anyone who doesn't know, Bridgeport Joe pays more in taxes than most of you earn in a year....the s.o.b.

my advice about check cashing/depositing...try your hardest to join a credit union. It is night and day comparing the two. Banks are in business for themselves and their share holders, which means you are worthless.

my CU allows you to cash or deposit a check under 500, no questions asked(except credit card checks). if the check is from a business, likewise, no questions.

banks really really suck, even the small ones(because they'll eventually get bought up by a big one)

and for anyone who doesn't know, Bridgeport Joe pays more in taxes than most of you earn in a year....the s.o.b.

I'm a member of a credit union, but I don't really use it. Should I? Is it really that much better? The only thing we have in there right now is my daughter's savings account. Is the loan % that much better to have to put up with ATM fees? It's kind of out of my way.

I'd try using the credit union for a while, you have to be a member, so they treat you a little better. the interest rates are better, and at mine there are no minimum balances for checking or savings accounts. it's all a matter of shopping around.

Now my question:

I had the exact samething happen at National City Bank (name publish to punish the assholes) with a debit. It was a 10 day appeal process!

F National City Bank!!

tank.gif

My bank once cashed a $20 check to my credit card for $120. I had to call in and get them to credit my account back the extra $100. That sucked.

They credited me the $100 dollars but forgot to tell my credit card, which had credited my account $120. That was cool.

I'll be waiting... :bringit

ready to put my foot up your....... :ph34r:

there's no excuse for having to be open til 1 pm...get up early and be here at 9....

It's 80 and cloudless....I want to enjoy my freakin' day!!!

:fyou 3rd shifters and lazy people

oh yeah...and F you southsider:) I weep for your future liberal stalinist children.......hehe

I'll be waiting... :bringit

ready to put my foot up your....... :ph34r:

there's no excuse for having to be open til 1 pm...get up early and be here at 9....

It's 80 and cloudless....I want to enjoy my freakin' day!!!

:fyou 3rd shifters and lazy people

oh yeah...and F you southsider:) I weep for your future liberal stalinist children.......hehe

Hee, Hee I was actually thinking about you. I just went into my bank at 11:50 to get a roll of quarters. BTW I don't think the whole foot up the ass thing is good customer servive IMO :D

Hee, Hee I was actually thinking about you.  I just went into my bank at 11:50 to get a roll of quarters.  BTW I don't think the whole foot up the ass thing is good customer servive IMO :D

If someone needs a roll of quarters that's cool..

but what kills me are people who never deposit their checks...they just live off of cash from paycheck to paycheck. I weep for their inability to balance a check book. It's actually a cultural thing many times, so I understand that. but you can't tell me you need 1k in cash EVERY friday...unless you're Winning Ugly...(strip clubs are expensive....so I've read :lol: )

it boils down to me telling my bosses this week that I'm trying to get on unemployment somehow. I hate working at banks

we'll see if it works out:)

Now my question:

F National City Bank!!

tank.gif

About 8 months ago someone decided to deposit a $5000 check into my account (or use it to cash a $5000 check - never found out the truth because the bank conveniently "deleted" those records - who knows maybe someone is laundering money and got stupid). Well, I called right away and they said not to worry about it lalalalalala. Well the assmunches froze my account for someone else's mistake and bounced a check of mine. I tried explaining it the #$^@ at the storage facility where the check bounced but she wouldn't listen so I paid for it with my ATM card the same day she got the check back and of course the payment went through without a problem, it would have been better if that stupid cow didn't hold my check for 5 days before depositing it - had the bank not screwed up, it wouldn't have mattered when she deposited thought.

I got the fees back and a letter from the bank (on their letterhead from one of the higher ups) stating it was their error and that I had enough in my account to cover the check. The f***ed up thing is that this bounced check will go on my credit report irregardless of the fact it was their error and not mine - :fyou TCF and :fyou to the idiot that caused the error .