Anyone who has used a travel site

Queen Prawn

Which site is best? So far I have tried travelocity, expedia and orbitz. The only one worth anything was travelocity (hopefully it will still be there tomorrow after we get confirmation that Brain gets the okay on his vacation request).

Are there any other sites I should check out? We are looking at leaving 11/18 and returning the morning of 11/24 (yes, I know that is Thanksgiving day). We are headed to Raleigh, NC staying near RBC (ie within 10 miles or so).

I just wanted to make sure there isn't any site that I am forgetting to check.

Thanks!

NONE OF THOSE!

I usually use expedia to see what the market for airfare is. Than I will go to each individual AIRLINES website anc book directly with them. Usually can find airfare 10-15% cheaper on the airlines particular websites. Also ATA and SOuthwest do not appear on any of those travel site's. And they are usually the least expensive airline carriers.!

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
NONE OF THOSE!

I usually use expedia to see what the market for airfare is. Than I will go to each individual AIRLINES website anc book directly with them. Usually can find airfare 10-15% cheaper on the airlines particular websites.  Also ATA and SOuthwest do not appear on any of those travel site's. And they are usually the least expensive airline carriers.!

Agree with this, I usually only book hotels or rental cars using these sites.

Southwest by far has the best deals for airfares.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
NONE OF THOSE!

I usually use expedia to see what the market for airfare is. Than I will go to each individual AIRLINES website anc book directly with them. Usually can find airfare 10-15% cheaper on the airlines particular websites.  Also ATA and SOuthwest do not appear on any of those travel site's. And they are usually the least expensive airline carriers.!

I used Expedia and got an ATA flight each way. :huh But it was a while ago, maybe they no longer have contracts with those carriers.

I had no problem at all with Expedia, I'd recommend them.

Priceline works well if you can work around their restrictions. I have not found any site to come close to them in most situations for hotels. Flights are iffy if you have any restrictions on the time of day that you can fly, but if you can work around that, flight rates are generally excellent as well.

If Southwest flies where you are wanting to go, they are always a safe bet.

Say no to expedia. They refused to give my buddy a cancellation and refund on our trip right after his dad died. Then they messed up many of the flights and getting credits back from them is anightmare. Say no to them. You can book trips yourself, and you will feel more comfortable in the process.