Boxing on Saturday Night Thread

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
PPV card with Shane Mosley and Marco Antonio Barrera fighting in separate bouts. Should be good action. Both should win but Erik Morales' fight  proved last week that you just never know until you fight the guy in front of you.

Morales looked way too slow. He can't overpower top fighters in that weight class.

I'll catch it on the re-run.

Morales has a histoy of taking 'bum' fighters too lightly. He was totally unprepared and it showed. He had ZERO defense and never figured out a plan for offense. Honestly, the guy who beat him, didn't impress me.

I want to see Barrera get back on top, it pissed me off to see Paquiao beat him a while back.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

You asked for this by starting a boxing thread, even though I'm not sure what the Hell to make of it.

Mike Tyson. Receiving an ecstatic welcome. From the people of Chechnya?

Beats the hell out of me too.

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has received an ecstatic welcome from fans in the southern Russian republic of Chechnya.

He travelled to the eastern city of Gudermes as the guest of honour at a boxing tournament.

The boxing hall was filled with spectators, mainly men, who cheered and clamoured for Tyson's autograph.

The competition is being held in memory of assassinated Chechen president Akhmad Kadyrov.

I actually don't think this one will re-air next week on HBO because of the huge Smauel Peter-Wlad Kiltschko showdown and the Miguel Cotto undercard. I could be wrong but I don't think we'll see this one again. I probably won't order it though because I'm in college and ppor

Actually HBO 2 will re-air Shane and MAB's fights....from HBO:

Watch the exclusive delay broadcasts Friday, Sept. 23 at 11pm (ET/PT) on HBO2.

FYI, Leavander Johnson lost via TKO to Jesus Chavez and then was taken to the hospital for bleeding in the head/brain. He's currently in an induced coma.