Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
Well if Bmac is starting the next game why is that a waste. Gives him time to get some work in today before he starts in 5 days.

He should of started this game, but our fearless leader forgot the part in his bulls*** press conference when he got hired about playing the game the right way.

If 100+ pitches through 3.2 innings giving up 4 runs giving up 8 or more hits is playing the game the right way, then he should of managed the f***ing royals. they play like that all the time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
He should of started this game, but our fearless leader forgot the part in his bulls*** press conference when he got hired about playing the game the right way.

If 100+ pitches through 3.2 innings giving up 4 runs giving up 8 or more hits is playing the game the right way, then he should of managed the f***ing royals.  they play like that all the time.

This team hasn't played the game right since August 1st.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
There's going to be a ton of Ozzie bashing around baseball and the radio today.  The decision to start Duque today was worse than Manuel's decision to start Cotts against the Yankees.  At least some people thought Cotts had a chance to succeed that game.

To be honest with you, I'm glad he started today. They aren't going to beat Santana with any of their starters, so why waste a potential good start, and El Duque showed he should not be on the mound the rest of his life. I doubt even Ozzie could defend him now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
To be honest with you, I'm glad he started today. They aren't going to beat Santana with any of their starters, so why waste a potential good start,  and El Duque showed he should not be on the mound the rest of his life. I doubt even Ozzie could defend him now.

Like I said a few minutes ago, if we were going to lose today, it was a lot better that it was cause Duque did awful than to lose a heart breaking 1-0 game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)

If 100+ pitches through 3.2 innings giving up 4 runs giving up 8 or more hits is playing the game the right way, then he should of managed the f***ing royals.  they play like that all the time.

Well I wasn't talking about that. You were talking about replacing him in the game, and I said pitching Bmac woudln't be a waste if he was to start next time in El Duque's place.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
If there's any justice in our clubhouse, El Duque will have just cost himself the rest of his starts this year and any chance at being on a playoff roster.

If he starts another game, you're going to have a lot of people who lose any respect they might still have for Ozzie in that clubhouse. Those players want to win more than any of us, and they know that Duque isn't one of the 5 best options to start.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Well I wasn't talking about that. You were talking about replacing him in the game, and I said pitching Bmac woudln't be a waste if he was to start next time in El Duque's place.

That's a good point, but we still have no clue if Ozzie will let Duque start again. Also, if you don't pitch McCarthy, then the Twins won't get a chance to see him before they face him next week. That could be a lot more important than some f***ing mop-up innings.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
Wow. It sounds bad, but this is almost comical to me. Everyone in the free world knew what was going to happen with Duque starting today against Johan.....except Ozzie. We've won 89 games in spite of who we call our manager.

If you listened to sports radio the past few days, there wasn't one "baseball expert" who had anything good to say about Ozzie. My only hope is that if we do miss the playoffs, he'll be criticized so much that JR has no choice but to fire him.