Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will somebody please start a poll to see who will win the division...SOX or Indians...right now i really believe it is going to be a tie at the end of the year & of course we lost the coin flip so we play the tiebreaker in Cleveland. The way this year has gone the loser of that game will miss the playoffs & the NY Boston WC will get in.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
will somebody please start a poll to see who will win the division...SOX or Indians...right now i really believe it is going to be a tie at the end of the year & of course we lost the coin flip so we play the tiebreaker in Cleveland.  The way this year has gone the loser of that game will miss the playoffs & the NY Boston WC will get in.

Don't worry, we'll have Duque ready to go for the tiebreak game!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I still want to know if Santana is so amazing, how did the Indians beat him?

Simple. They don't rely on "Ozzieball". What a joke. They have actual MLB caliber hitters who take a good approach at the plate, and do what is needed to get runs in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
If McCarthy comes in and shuts down the Twins for 3 innings, Ozzie's going to have some amazing quotes to the press I have a feeling.

Fathom: I agree with you. Sit Duque and let BMAC take his place. There is no way in the world I will start Duque in the playoff. Perhaps, BMAC can be Beckett version for the White Sox!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Fathom: I agree with you.  Sit Duque and let BMAC take his place.  There is no way in the world I will start Duque in the playoff.  Perhaps, BMAC can be Beckett version for the White Sox!

Duque starts another game, and we won't be making the playoffs. The guy has had plenty of chances, and he's blown them all. His ERA is 5.24!!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Fathom: I agree with you.  Sit Duque and let BMAC take his place.  There is no way in the world I will start Duque in the playoff.  Perhaps, BMAC can be Beckett version for the White Sox!

So out of Buehrle, Garland, Contreras, and Garcia, which pitcher do you pull out of the 4 man rotation that we'll probably use in the playoffs to insert McCarthy?

The indians didnt start Timo Perez for all of August. In fact the only team outside of an Ozzieball team that he would play for is the Royals. What team would have Everett as their 3 hole hitter outside of us. Remember all the talk about having a few automatic outs at the end of the lineup was okay because they can throw some leather.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
The indians didnt start Timo Perez for all of August.  In fact the only team outside of an Ozzieball team that he would play for is the Royals.  What team would have Everett as their 3 hole hitter outside of us.  Remember all the talk about having a few automatic outs at the end of the lineup was okay because they can throw some leather.

Matt Stairs>>>Carl Everett

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
So out of Buehrle, Garland, Contreras, and Garcia, which pitcher do you pull out of the 4 man rotation that we'll probably use in the playoffs to insert McCarthy?

McCarthy won't start in the playoffs. If you think he will, you obviously don't know Ozzie.