Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)

I AM A "FAN"

It's not choking to lose a game to Santana.

It is choking to lose 2 of 3 in K.C., or to be swept at home by the Angels.

It would be choking to lose 2 of 3 in Minnesota when you need wins.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
From the looks of it, I sure am sorry I couldn't watch that game....

Instead I had a very nice time at my daughter's soccer game. Her team lost 2-0, but they tried hard and had fun. She had a few scoring chances, but the goalie was pretty good and made the saves.

That sounds suspiciously like a mirror image of our game.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)

Instead I had a very nice time at my daughter's soccer game. Her team lost 2-0, but they tried hard and had fun. She had a few scoring chances, but the goalie was pretty good and made the saves.

Could your daughter's soccer coach be the manager for the Sox? I'm sure he'll be competant.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)

Choking, collapsing, fading, struggling.......who gives a s*** what term you use, this team is on the verge of BLOWING a 15 game lead.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)

It's too bad the opposing team's coach played that goalie, and not the veteran goalie on the bench who earned the right to play because of her performances in recent years before she tore her ACL.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)

Losing a game to Santana is not a problem.

Striking out like crazy because you refuse to change your approach.

Bases loaded no outs, and no one puts the ball in play. COME ON!!!!!

First-place Chicago led the AL Central by 4½ games entering Saturday. The White Sox had a 9½-game lead on Sept. 7 and were 15 games up on Aug. 1. No major league team has blown a 15-game lead and failed to make the playoffs. The Boston Red Sox coughed up a 14-game lead to the New York Yankees in 1978

They are going to love this. Here we go with nightly coverage of the white sox choke.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
First-place Chicago led the AL Central by 4½ games entering Saturday. The White Sox had a 9½-game lead on Sept. 7 and were 15 games up on Aug. 1. No major league team has blown a 15-game lead and failed to make the playoffs. The Boston Red Sox coughed up a 14-game lead to the New York Yankees in 1978

They are going to love this. Here we go with nightly coverage of the white sox choke.

Early in the season, our guys would have seen some negative quote from ESPN, responded with "We don't care" and won 6 of their next 7 games.

This team enters matchups against Santana absolutely defeated. It's as if they mimmick the general feeling around Soxtalk of "Santana's pitching, this is an automatic loss." Last two outtings against Johan he's pitched a perfect game into the 5th inning. Three career shutouts for Santana--one against us, possibly two if it were not for Konerko's HR last outting.

Any quesiton of Santana's ability? Absolutely not. But he's in your division, and you have to learn how to defeat him. Are we going to concede losses against Santana for the unforseable future? You have to think outside of conventional baseball methods to defeat someone who has your number. Pay Stats inc. several thousand dollars to chart his pitches; find if there's a tendency to throw a certain pitch in a particular count. Watch extra film. Do anything besides the approach I've seen.

His ERA isn't 0.00. There have been teams, as one can believe, that have hit him. I don't want to hear anyone tipping their hat. This offense wet themself against a playoff caliber pitcher, yet again.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
HAVE YOU LOOKED AT HIS POSTSEASON STATS?!?!!?!

Right here, you're talking to one of El Duque's biggest defenders early in the year based on his postseason stats, his "Big game" record.

Today, we gave him 1 last shot at a big game. He failed.

He's won me over. He shouldn't be starting for this team. Maybe mop up/long relief duty in games that are out of reach or 16 innings long. That's it.

It's not the matter that we lost the game that REALLY upsets. It's the gutless, spiritless performance that we are showing that DAMN ticks me off. Last night, bases loaded no outs no score. Today, dejavu again! What the hell is going on with this team???

This team has lost all of its gut and spirit, I'm sorry to say! This is the first time that I suddenly realize that we might not make the playoff ONCE AGAIN guys, and the feelings is really hurtful right now!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)

What are they supposed to cover?

The timely hitting?

The lock-down pitching?

The stellar baserunning?

There's one sure way to avoid nightly coverage of the choke - WIN SOME f***ING GAMES.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
It's not the matter that we lost the game that REALLY upsets.  It's the gutless, spiritless performance that we are showing that DAMN ticks me off.  Last night, bases loaded no outs no score.  Today, dejavu again!  What the hell is going on with this team??? 

This team has lost all of its gut and spirit, I'm sorry to say!  This is the first time that I suddenly realize that we might not make the playoff ONCE AGAIN guys, and the feelings is really hurtful right now!!!

I HAVE TO LET THIS OUT: HOW CAN YOU F*%#^#G HAVE THREE STRIKEOUTS IN A ROW WHEN THE BASES ARE LOADED?

PATHETIC!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
It's too bad the opposing team's coach played that goalie, and not the veteran goalie on the bench who earned the right to play because of her performances in recent years before she tore her ACL.

:lol: :notworthy

Good stuff.

I'll say this - anger draws the nasty sarcastic black humor out of us!