Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Losing a game to Santana is not a problem. 

Striking out like crazy because you refuse to change your approach. 

Bases loaded no outs, and no one puts the ball in play.  COME ON!!!!!

Im glad this game wasn't on television. I probably would have thrown something and broken my TV after watching 3 dudes strike out in a row.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing this collapse does bring is the obvious vision that this team has a hell of a lot of flaws. It isn't JR being cheap, the Sox have the highest payroll in the division by far, in fact it is $34 million higher than Cleveland. I'm pretty sure if this team didn't have this stretch and won the division by 15 games, there wouldn't be many changes even if they were swept in the first round of the playoffs. KW and more importantly JR now see this team needs to be a lot better no matter what Ozzie says. I hope this collapse, while I know it won't cause Ozzie his job, will at least take away his influence on roster make-up.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
There was no point in trying.  We can't beat Santana, just ask any player on the Sox.

We face Minnesota one more series this season. I'll guarantee you Gardenhire shifts around his pitchers to place Santana in a matchup against us. And why not? Our offense concedes losses against him.

Santana's mark against us this season is about be 5-0. But that's ok. HE'S GOOD!!!! We fail to do anything besides flailing at changeups in the dirt, anyways. I'd be more confident if our hitters would stand at the plate and allow Santana to beat himself.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
The Corpseball 2005 Award for Futility goes to a coach who gets the least of of his talent. 

gregwalkerlongestdrive.jpg

What does it say when Uribe can't hit sour apples, goes to Hriniak for a couple of days, and the next thing you know, he's the most dangerous hitter in the line-up? I think it means you need a better hitting coach.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
What does it say when Uribe can't hit sour apples, goes to Hriniak for a couple of days, and the next thing you know, he's the most dangerous hitter in the line-up? I think it means you need a better hitting coach.

I was told many times that the hitting coach doesnt matter at all.

However the Indians who couldnt hit the side of the wall fired Eddy Murray. They then started hitting.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
I was told many times that the hitting coach doesnt matter at all.

However the Indians who couldnt hit the side of the wall fired Eddy Murray.  They then started hitting.

I suppose you'd be a better hitting coach, eh? Why don't you stop questioning people that clearly know what they're doing and have us with the BEST RECORD IN THE AL?! The negativity here blows my mind sometimes. It's frightening.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
I suppose you'd be a better hitting coach, eh?  Why don't you stop questioning people that clearly know what they're doing and have us with the BEST RECORD IN THE AL?!  The negativity here blows my mind sometimes.  It's frightening.

If you know so much about baseball, then why aren't you managing?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm guessing by the reaction in this thread that we lost.

Did we ever.

Hernandez wet himself. Santana dominated our club.

Now, Sox fans can all endure the probable Cleveland Indian victory. 3 1/2 games straight ahead!

I forgot

6b4c10d7.gif

Our offense is fine.  LOL.

What about the Sox offense is surprising to everyone who has followed them all year?

The Sox this season made a commitment to live (and now, die) by their pitching. Their offense has been anemic all year, usually just enough to win. Once they were unable/unwilling/whatever to get a significant stick in before the deadline, their fate was sealed.

But that doesn’t mean they have to live with the same starting rotation. It’s time to elevate McCarthy and give El Duque a seat in the pen.

And what would be so bad about trotting out Joe Borchard or the other bench warmers for an occasional at bat?

I was at the game today, my first White Sox game in 5 years and I was very dissapointed about it. Even though I knew it was going to be a tough task with our worst starting pitcher facing their best starting pitcher, I still had some hope but to no avail. This time there were a lot less Sox fans than the last time I was there so I had to put up with the Twins fans saying they're better than the Sox even though they're 14 games back, they've just had a lot of bad luck, well welcome to the Sox world in recent years. Anyways I was glad to see so many new players in real life, I was out by Ozuna and Rowand. Before today, the only Sox player I saw that was on the team was Konerko. So seeing McCarthy pitch was fun, I didn't realize how lanky that guy really is.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Well said.  This has got to be his last chance to prove why the Sox got this guy.

But knowing Ozzie hes not going to admit that el duque is bad and hes going to leave him in the rotation "just b'cuz he has playoff experience". I can tell he doesn't want to give a "rookie pitcher whos not a cy young winner" a spot in the rotation

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
WTF?  WE ALREADY HAVE THE AL MANAGER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smarten up.  We don't need a manager, that's why.

I thought the same thing. Back when we were 18 games above the Indians but now that ive seen the kind of things Ozzie says and does ive realized he doesn't deserve this award b'cuz first of all , hes not taking el duque out of the rotation b'cuz hes his really good buddy same thing with Freddy, dont get me wrong hes been ok this year (a lil inconsistant tho) He also said he would give his september call ups as much play time as possible and so far i haven't seen Anderson that much, He also said he was looking for a speedster when Podsednik went on the DL but wouldn't call up Jerry Owens (MVP of his team) im not sure if he was the MVP of the whole league, anyways he wouldn't call him up b'cuz hes in "Double A" . He also said that he doesn't know why people would rather have McCarthy in the starting lineup since hes never won a Cy-Young Award. "HEY OZZIE!!! When has either Garland Or Buehrle won that award?" For all i know McCarthy Has been the Sox's Best Pitcher (no offense to Garland, cuz he has no run production when he plays)

and last but not least he also said that he talked the sox into drafting Josh Fields and FOR WHAT?! Hes saying Joe Crede is the 3rd basemen of the future. Either hes not thinking b4 he talks or he just wasted a 1st round Pick!

by the way he also wouldn't give up on Everett ever since his slump started like 2 months ago b'cuz if he sits in the bench he wouldn't come out of his slump................well thats worked real well hasn't it . :fight :jerry :gosox1: