Friday Nights Game

elrockinMT

I made myself comfortable last night in my living room coaches chair, the dog by my feet, a box of cracker jacks and a beer(lite of course) and kicked my wife out of the house. I wanted to see Danny Wright and his succesful return. I was cheering like crazy ywo batters into the 1st when Jose hit that homer. Then things started to crumble. It looked like Danny was just not comfortable on the mound and was rushing everything. He did top out at 94-95 with that fastball though. Mags did one heck of a catch on the Japanese guy, whose name nobody can pronounce and Konerko showed great fielding too. Daubach dove and lost it and 2 runs scored. Well, I saw his face on replay and the guy tried hard and gave it his all. He just ain't a Willie Mays. I was so disappointed in our hitting. The Mariners hit line drives and we hit fly balls. Frank flew out 4 times. Well at least he's getting wood on the ball and not striking out. Jose tried a little league play in the big leagues when he unsneaked from second to third on the pitcher. Might have taken us right out of the game, but I guess he's trying to make things happen, but let's use our head here guy.

Ok I will be watching WGN tonight. BColon pitches and it's about time this 8 million dollar plus guy delivers. We need solid pitching to win tonight.

What do you say Sox fans?

I made myself comfortable last night in my living room coaches chair, the dog by my feet, a box of cracker jacks and a beer(lite of course) and kicked my wife out of the house.

Can't watch the game with your wife? :nono

You married the wrong woman. ;)

Can't watch the game with your wife? :nono

You married the wrong woman.  ;)

Your telling me...

Actually at times she will watch the games. She's good at bringing the beer and putting the dog out.

Ugh...LOL...sad.

BTW, beer sucks. :)

Ok I will be watching WGN tonight. BColon pitches and it's about time this 8 million dollar plus guy delivers. We need solid pitching to win tonight.

Screw WGN, you should listen to the game on SoxandRoll.com, much more entertaining. :cheers

Screw WGN, you should listen to the game on SoxandRoll.com, much more entertaining. :cheers

I'd rather hear insight from 2 former players than some drunk fans swearing instead of trying to maintain some professionalism. ;)

I'd rather hear insight from 2 former players than some drunk fans swearing instead of trying to maintain some professionalism. ;)

I hope you golf then :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

boy oh boy talk about self rightous...........man clujo how come you act one way in the chat room and then a totaly different way on here....come on now its ok to curse on the boards..you do it in the chat......... ;)

boy oh boy talk about self rightous...........man clujo how come you act one way in the chat room and then a totaly different way on here....come on now its ok to curse on the boards..you do it in the chat......... ;)

Swearing every now and then is totally fine. It's a more forceful way to express oneself. But, when it's done ad nausium, it loses its meaning and makes the speaker look like an uneducated moron.

"That was a f***ing ball", "f*** you Edgar", "What a s***ty pitch" for 3 hours is not my idea of entertainment.

Plus, I love Hawk's stories. Gives me some insight into how the game used to be and how it should be today. I don't think Sox & Roll is going to give me that.

And I don't think I act different. :P

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol to each their own.........and yes you do act totaly different..........ill save it for you to read back one time...........then you can compare yourself in there to on the boards.. your like jekel an hyde.......... :D ...day and nite.....et el.........

lol to each their own.........and yes you do act totaly different..........ill save it for you to read back one time...........then you can compare yourself in there to on the boards.. your like  jekel an hyde.......... :D ...day and nite.....et el.........

So when am I Jekyl and when am I Hyde?

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol on here your jekel and on the chat your hyde.........big difference between your board manners and your chat ones...........huge....... :D you will see how so soon... ill be sure to keep your chat dairies when you least expect it.....then dump em in your lap.......so you can see the difference

:D :D :D

lol on here your jekel and on the chat your hyde.........big difference between your board manners and your chat ones...........huge....... :D you will see how so soon... ill be sure to keep your chat dairies when you least expect it.....then dump em in your lap.......so you can see the difference

:D  :D  :D

Saying that I "act differently" is inaccurate.

On here, there are many more stupid things said, so I react to them the way that I do.

In the chat room, it's mainly talk about the game, so not TOO many stupid things are uttered. Maybe it's because normally, not too many stupid people hang out in there during the games, I don't know.

I respond to stupidity in the same fashion, regardless of the venue. :)

Here's my view.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet cause this game really had me angry.

Danny Wright looked alright. His velocity and stuff was there but he was really looking funny on the mound falling off to the left far too much. The good news is he looked very healthy and when his pitches were down they couldn't hit him. Tons of grounders, etc. IF you can't throw strikes though it doesn't matter.

Offense - Terrible, what else can i say. Once again the Sox had quite a few hits but there were a few great opportunities to run/bunt/hit and run yet it didn't happen and the Sox had a few more double plays. Manuel has to take the initiative and do what he can to get them out of them. Konerko did look solid though, going opposite field some more. He's very close to breaking out. Crede has also been improving going up the middle and to opposite field. Daubach looked very good as well at the plate.