Step it Up El Duque!!!!!

Gene Honda Civic

You're supposed to be a big game pitcher. Well, here it is. -- This is the biggest game of the year. If you have any aspirations of throwing at all the rest of the year you need to shut the Twins down. You've got plenty of rest. After all, your last outing was just 2 innings, so No Excuses. Pitch your ass off, and let's win this game!

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
I'm expecting at least six solid innings from him.. We need him to keep us in the game. Get runs early and often.. Let's go!

Are you often left disappointed and wanting more when you set such high expectacions all the time?? :P

I'm hoping he doesn't get shelled can make it through five with us down less than two runs and give a chance to win it late...even though that is a mighty task against Santana and the twinkies bullpen.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Don't get shelled early, and don't give up the big inning.

Too late. If there is any blessing, maybe this means McCarthy will get a chance to take El Duque's spot in the rotation. That alone could be the difference in making and not making the playoffs. I still hope El Duque can pull this game out though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
If he starts again, then Ozzie Guillen deserves to be fired, and there's going to be a lot of people banned from this site for stating the obvious.

Hopefully, as long as no one makes jokes about unnamed ballplayers jumping into bed with unnamed members of the coaching staff...they'll tolerate a fairly extensive amount of criticism if that happens.

And man...if it were to happen...this site might mutiny. We might burn down the Cell.

In order to not be banned, I have not spiced up this sentence:

El Duque is not good at pitching. He is, in fact, quite the opposite.

If you read this, Duque, or someone else from the Sox reads this to you, please don't cry. I don't want to make you feel bad about your inability to pitch. I'm sure you tried.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I wasn't able to hear any post game comments from Ozzie.  Were there any?  And did he address the obvious ..... El Duque is worn out and it's McCarthy's time.

I've been listening to ESPN 1000's postgame show and I haven't heard any postgame comments. Unless it occured in the three minutes I changed channels across the dial.

Even Guillen has no justification to allowing Hernandez another start. Regardless of incentives or past success, this team can't afford to trot out El-Puque.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Yep, Ozzie owes to the TEAM to not never start El Duque the rest of this season....This was a big game and he flopped big time....

He's probably around 40 instead of the 35 he is listed at. The shoulder no longer allows him to get the pop and movement in his pitches. I always liked El Duque. He's a battler and he actually pitches, instead of trying to blow everything by the hitter. I just don't think he's got anything left in the tank. McCarthy pitched well again. I was critical of him, didn't think he was quite ready. He's proving me wrong. I just wish the rest of the team would. The season is going down like a dying quail. Give the kid a start. At this point, what do we have to lose?

Ozzie is going to talk to El Duque about what is going on.  We have to get behind El Duque.  He just not throw the ball the same way he has all year in his last two starts.

f*** YOU OZZIE

you have got to be kidding me. If he starts next, I dont know what the f*** I am going to do. This is insane.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Ozzie is going to talk to El Duque about what is going on.  We have to get behind El Duque.  He just not throw the ball the same way he has all year in his last two starts.

f*** YOU OZZIE

you have got to be kidding me. If he starts next, I dont know what the f*** I am going to do. This is insane.

Haha, I knew it. Let's just hope he gets his 5 innings before being shelled.

You're supposed to be a big game pitcher. Well, here it is. -- This is the biggest game of the year. If you have any aspirations of throwing at all the rest of the year you need to shut the Twins down. You've got plenty of rest. After all, your last outing was just 2 innings, so No Excuses. Pitch your ass off, and let's win this game!

The time for stepping up was a week ago. Now it's pure folly every time he is trotted out there.

Too bad the Oz ran this guy into the ground in May, then again in August. I guess the "80 pitch, tops" means something else in Venezualian. :rolly

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)

f*** YOU OZZIE

Not even the biggest Ozzie apologists will be able to justify Duque starting again. He's the worst manager I've ever seen, and I was saying that 2 months ago. He's done nothing but support my feelings lately that he's absolutely clueless and needs to stop favoring certain players.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)

f*** YOU OZZIE

Levine's soundclip of Guillen was unbelieveable.

He actually has the audacity to suggest "we need a few days to figure this (deciding between Puque/McCarthy) out." What exactly is there to discuss besides burying Hernandez in the bullpen for blowouts?

Guillen doesn't need to talk with Cooper and Williams to realize McCarthy deserves Hernandez's rotation spot. I hate this bureaucratic bulls*** which persists throughout sports when a team is in the transition of replacing a veteran with a rookie.

Edited by Flash Tizzle