What Sox Prospects would u like to see next year?

whitesoxgt

I'd honestly like to see Casey Rogowski get an opportunity if Paulie leaves (free agency) but im not sure if he will because Ozzie wouldn't give Jerry Owens a chance because he plays in Double A. Worst excuse ive ever heard. Chris Young or Brian Anderson should be taking Jermaines spot. I think. :pray

Pitching: I'd give McCarthy a spot in the rotation for next year and release/trade El Duque.

Release/trade Vizcaino he hasn't been that bad i just expected a lot more from him and give Felix Diaz a shot at the bullpen last year he was decent for A ROOKIE but ozzie gave up on him after one start. ONE START and he only had one bad inning in his debut giving up a couple home runs.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
I'd honestly like to see Casey Rogowski get an opportunity if Paulie leaves (free agency) but im not sure if he will because Ozzie wouldn't give Jerry Owens a chance because he plays in Double A. Worst excuse ive ever heard. Chris Young or Brian Anderson should be taking Jermaines spot. I think. :pray

Pitching: I'd give McCarthy a spot in the rotation for next year and release/trade El Duque.

Release/trade Vizcaino he hasn't been that bad i just expected a lot more from him and give Felix Diaz a shot at the bullpen last year he was decent for A ROOKIE but ozzie gave up on him after one start. ONE START and he only had one bad inning in his debut giving up a couple home runs.

There are so many things wrong with this post that I can't even begin to comprehend it.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)

If Anderson replaces anyone, it'll be Rowand.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)

huh??

Umm Viz wont go anywhere, especially considering he is an every other year guy, and has been very consistent this year.

Dye=isnt going anywhere, may DH or play 1B

Diaz=nope

BMAC=will have a rotation spot

I would like to see Young, Owens, Anderson up. BUt I would trade them playing every day in the minors if they are going to sit up in the bigs. Anderson shouldnt go anywhere, and should have a shot to win a spot in the OF for next year. Owens may take SPODS place when he leaves to another team and Young is going to take Dye's spot when he leaves most likely. Rogo may come up and play Gload's role, considering its obvious he isnt going to last with this team.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Dye is under contract for another season.

dude calm down, read what the post is called. "Prospects You Would Like To See"

I didnt say they should trade/release Pods or Dye did i? i just think Anderson would play a better Right Field than Dye , i dont know why and i know no one is gonna believe that so laugh at it if u want lol but theres something thats telling me Anderson COULD be better if given a chance, ive seen him throw out Runners at Home so many times it wouldn't surprise me

Edited by whitesoxgt

I don't know, I think Anderson is going to be on the team next year regardless if he wins a starting job or not. I really like the idea of him rotating at all three spots next year as our fourth outfielder. One way or the other, we will have a veteran at 1B, be it Paul Konerko or someone acquired in a trade. If Rogowski makes the team, it will be as a Ross Gload type role player, which would be a good way to break him in.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
What's there to calm down about?  You said you wanted Anderson in for Dye, I was simply stating that Dye is signed for another year.  I'd like to see Anderson here too, but he'll only be here if Dye moves to first or is traded.

I think it's worth pointing out that Dye's value on the trading market could actually be pretty darn high next year.

When we signed him, he was coming off a series of fairly bad years in Oakland where he was paid a lot of money but seemed to suffer from a lot of nagging injuries every year.

This year, he's proven he can stay healthy. He's on tap to earn about $5 million next year, with an option for the year after it at about the same number. This year, he's very close to hitting 30 home runs, and if he gets a small hot streak, he'll get there (here's hoping he does it in this series).

How many teams are there out there who wouldn't complain about paying $5 million for a bat that can hit 30 home runs in one of the corner outfield spots? St Louis will probably need a replacement for Walker, Arizona could use some outfield help, Houston has been desperate for a bat all year, Toronto's probably going to add salary...hell anyone in the NL west could use help, etc.

With the backlog of outfielders we're rapidly developing in our minor leagues, I don't think I'd complain at all if Dye and Everett were moved for youth or other key players in the offseason. Putting Anderson (and, maybe Borchard) onto the 25 man would save us a ton of money for next year.

Balta,

I like the way you think. Even though I think Dye is more valuable than his offensive numbers, I think that Putting Anderson in his spot may be a decent option for us. It saves us money to sign a real difference maker in Paulie's spot or in the pitching staff, or even the IF. I think Carl has cashed his last check with the sox, and I believe that there is no way we can keep him. Im all for injecting some younger guys a la the Braves and seeing where that can take us. FWIW, its always more fun to watch guys develop than watch old vets try and regain their game.