Yo Sox fans

TribeRules

QUOTE(rangercal @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
Don't know why this guy was banned.  You can't tell him apart from half the "sox fans" on this board.

The latter really pisses me off. I understand people getting depressed or concerned, but so called "sox fans" who talk about how we are never going to do anything and how we are just going to repeat the past, I told you so, etc. honestly sicken me.

Putting it all in perspective....

My wife actually yelled at me this weekend for bashing the Sox. She kept telling me, "you've been a fan you're entire life, yet you think they're going to lose! What kind of fan are you? Have some faith?"

I know I was one of the people to have the choking/noose avatar, but that's just my way of showing frustration. If people don't find it funny, so be it.

But I'm starting over. I using my old sig and my old avatar that I used when they were on a roll. I'll be there tonight cheering them on and hopefully coming home with a sore throat from cheering and yelling so loud. But, remember, this is a different Indians team that the Sox have faced before. Their pitching and hitting are all in sync, so they have their work cut out for them. If the Sox can get through this, they they'll be playoff ready and hopefully be ready to clinch sometime next week in Detroit. So I know I've been one of the more pessimistic ones here. But us fans need to stand behind this team through thick and thin and hopefully this series will show us what this team is all about. If the crowd is electric, the team will feed off of them.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)

My wife actually yelled at me this weekend for bashing the Sox.  She kept telling me, "you've been a fan you're entire life, yet you think they're going to lose! What kind of fan are you? Have some faith?" 

I know I was one of the people to have the choking/noose avatar, but that's just my way of showing frustration.  If people don't find it funny, so be it. 

But I'm starting over.  I using my old sig and my old avatar that I used when they were on a roll.  I'll be there tonight cheering them on and hopefully coming home with a sore throat from cheering and yelling so loud.  But, remember, this is a different Indians team that the Sox have faced before.  Their pitching and hitting are all in sync, so they have their work cut out for them.  If the Sox can get through this, they they'll be playoff ready and hopefully be ready to clinch sometime next week in Detroit.  So I know I've been one of the more pessimistic ones here.  But us fans need to stand behind this team through thick and thin and hopefully this series will show us what this team is all about. If the crowd is electric, the team will feed off of them.

:gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:

:cheers

:gosox1:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
EDIT: Why was this poster banned?  Did he violate board rules?  In fact, the administrative team always preaches fans of other teams are welcome.  It's not like the guy was wrong.

he should have been banned.

if maybe he would have said something in his post that didn't make him look like a jackass fan from another team, then maybe that'd be different.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)

My wife actually yelled at me this weekend for bashing the Sox.  She kept telling me, "you've been a fan you're entire life, yet you think they're going to lose! What kind of fan are you? Have some faith?" 

I know I was one of the people to have the choking/noose avatar, but that's just my way of showing frustration.  If people don't find it funny, so be it. 

But I'm starting over.  I using my old sig and my old avatar that I used when they were on a roll.  I'll be there tonight cheering them on and hopefully coming home with a sore throat from cheering and yelling so loud.  But, remember, this is a different Indians team that the Sox have faced before.  Their pitching and hitting are all in sync, so they have their work cut out for them.  If the Sox can get through this, they they'll be playoff ready and hopefully be ready to clinch sometime next week in Detroit.  So I know I've been one of the more pessimistic ones here.  But us fans need to stand behind this team through thick and thin and hopefully this series will show us what this team is all about. If the crowd is electric, the team will feed off of them.

:gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:

Your wife is one very smart lady.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)

The albatross...it flies.

EDIT: Why was this poster banned?  Did he violate board rules?  In fact, the administrative team always preaches fans of other teams are welcome.  It's not like the guy was wrong.

Why ask why?