White Sox vs. Twins 09/18/05

S720

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Yes I HAVE wathced this team the past 2 weeks seems like everytime we get a run, our pitchers give it up. Or when we get good pitching we can't hit, here's a better question....

As for Contreras every time he gets a lead he allows baserunners, he did it with NYY he's doing it now, so here's a better question....

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING?

He had a 2.16 ERA in August and a 2.66 ERA in September. He is dominating. What are you talking about. I'm not talking about the team I am talking about Contreras.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
He had a 2.16 ERA in August and a 2.66 ERA in September. He is dominating. What are you talking about. I'm not talking about the team I am talking about Contreras.

Agreed! He's the last person to be blamed for the collapse.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)

That's fine, and he has had a great August. I'm just saying that he always allows baserunners after he gets the lead. He usually works out of it, but he ALWAYS walks guys. Why don't you get some stats that can prove me wrong on that basis.

Once again, I'm not talking about ERA. He always walks guys after giving up the lead, ALWAYS.

That's something that the stats don't always show.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
That's fine, and he has had a great August. I'm just saying that he always allows baserunners after he gets the lead. He usually works out of it, but he ALWAYS walks guys. Why don't you get some stats that can prove me wrong on that basis.

Once again, I'm not talking about ERA. He always walks guys after giving up the lead, ALWAYS.

That's something that the stats don't always show.

He has 12 walks in his last 8 starts. You do the math. You don't know what you are talking about.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
He has 12 walks in his last 8 starts. You do the math. You don't know what you are talking about.

When did those walks occur? Listen to yourself. I gurantee 2/3rds of those walks were lead off walks, and that's what im talking about.

Understand?