White Sox vs. Twins 09/18/05

S720

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Personally i think we have a better chance at going deep in the postseason as the WC team. But the way were playing now, we'll be lucky to get there. And of course blowing the division probably won't exude alot of confidence either.

Every team has a 1-in-8 chance in the playoffs. It is a crapshoot. No two ways about it.

Sorry that isn't sexy... but it just statistically true.

You get there, you roll the dice.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
The Indians had a good offense last year while Eddie was still the coach too.

My solution: Fire the players.

We have replaced players before. The new ones hit like the old ones.

All long looping swings, their OBP dies, their power numbers jump.

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
Every team has a 1-in-8 chance in the playoffs.  It is a crapshoot.  No two ways about it.

Trust us, 99 pct of us would be thrilled to just make the playoffs now, and see what happens.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Ugh. I hate when I read this. Gload was in his way, he had to throw the right a little bit.

To be honest, I was out of town that wknd, and only saw the highlights once. However, the one time I saw it, it seemed like an awful throw.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
We have replaced players before.  The new ones hit like the old ones.

All long looping swings, their OBP dies, their power numbers jump.

I was listening to a pre-game show with Bruce Levine asking Walker about the hitting problems and he said "you can only do so much..you don't want to interfere too much with a hitter's technique.." I could not believe he had said that. If the technique is bad - you wouldn't want to interfere with it and improve it?

:bang

QUOTE(tony72 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
I was listening to a pre-game show with Bruce Levine asking Walker about the hitting problems and he said "you can only do so much..you don't want to interfere too much with a hitter's technique.." I could not believe he had said that.  If the technique is bad - you wouldn't want to interfere with it and improve it?

:bang

Walker is absolutely clueless. The fact that Uribe needed outside help to change his swing shows that Walker is overmatched at the job. I'm pretty sure that Crede was the person who had to notice his own mechanical flaw in his swing when he was hurt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Walker is absolutely clueless.  The fact that Uribe needed outside help to change his swing shows that Walker is overmatched at the job.  I'm pretty sure that Crede was the person who had to notice his own mechanical flaw in his swing when he was hurt.

They said he was the one looking at tapes.

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Every team has a 1-in-8 chance in the playoffs.  It is a crapshoot.  No two ways about it.

I just hope to GOD we get there. Or else I'm going to have to shelf my Sox gear for awhile, stop listening to sports talk radio for a loooooong time, and change my name on XBOX live from ChiSox4Life to ANYTHING else :P

Edited by CYGarland