AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(rangercal @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
took you a while. let's just say you guys aren't quick to come around when we win. Yet, if we were to have lost you guys would have made 3-4 negative threads by now.

I'm still not very appreciative of the way our team is playing during the most important stretch run of the season. I mean Jose stepped it up HUGE, but we won thanks to a Twins error. My frustrations with this team's passion is being displayed through my avatar, but if it makes you very angry I'll remove it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Oh come on, it's football day...you mean you weren't sitting there with a bag of chips flipping back and forth between the Sox game and the Patriots/Panthers game?  I polished off like 2/3 of that damn bag.

And sometime around inning 7 I stopped flipping channels, except during breaks (no ad dollars for those Twins broadcasters)

I don't like to eat during Sox games. I was flipping during the early part of the game with the Bears game, but I realized the Bears game was over, and our game would be close.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm still not very appreciative of the way our team is playing during the most important stretch run of the season.  I mean Jose stepped it up HUGE, but we won thanks to a Twins error.  My frustrations with this team's passion is being displayed through my avatar, but if it makes you very angry I'll remove it.

Removing it is your personal choice. We both share the same frustrations of the 05 sox and react in different ways. You dont have to remove it, but, I dont have to bashing those who have them.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Ha, in all seriousness that will not happen. I will be happy to split with them with how bad our pitching and offense has been.

We are 10-3 against Cleveland this season.

Last time they saw us...right after the AS break...they limped out of their own ballpark.

It can happen.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
We are 10-3 against Cleveland this season.

Last time they saw us...right after the AS break...they limped out of their own ballpark.

It can happen.

With the way they are playing combined with our recent play its not likely at all but that would sweet. Think about it, if we kick their ass that bad, confidence towards the playoffs will look A LOT better.

Edited by Sox Hustler

Realistically, the Sox couldn't have asked for a better matchup w/r/t the pitching matchup.

Tomorrow, Garcia vs. Millwood. This is the game that looks worst, on paper, for us. Millwood has been dominant for this season, and he comes in throwing the ball extremely well. In his last ten starts, he's given up four runs or more ONCE, and that game, he allowed just four runs. We send Garcia, the guy who is the supposed 'big game' pitcher on this team. Well, Freddy -- you want a big game, you want to make up for your pathetic performance in KC, go out and blank Cleveland.

Tuesday, Buehrle vs. Westbrook. This game probably looks best on paper for us. Westbrook hasn't been very good this season -- scratch that, he's been decent, but nowhere near as good as last year. Buehrle has gotten it done against Cleveland, for the most part, in the past (without looking at the stats -- I'm just going off memory).

And Wednesday, Garland vs. Elarton. Elarton is not as good as he's been pitching, and it's time that some team puts him in his place. I'm not saying our offense is the one to put up a ten spot on a pitcher, but he needs an ass kicking.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
took you a while. let's just say you guys aren't quick to come around when we win. Yet, if we were to have lost you guys would have made 3-4 negative threads by now.

Hi. Watched the Patriots and went out to get some dinner. Sorry I couldn't be around.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
:snr Oh yes , Score 4 runs in 3 games and win 2 of them great pitching all the way around. Bring it on Cleveland , let's rock !

:gosox3:  :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox4:

I've said all along that if the Sox are going to have a big October the pitchers have to lead the way. Thanks to Garland and Contreras the color is starting to return to my face.

Watching the Count pitch now is really quite a sight. He looks seriously pissed when there is any kind of delay in the game because he wants to catch the ball and f***ing throw it. In the 8th inning today there were two quick delays from stuff flying onto the field and Jose just had that look like, "f***, gotta stay in the rhythm, gotta stay in the zone". He's a COMPLETELY different pitcher these days. I'm so happy for him (he's always had the talent) and for myself being he pitches for my team. Both he and Jonny boy showed our team what it means to step up this weekend. Let's hope MB and FG can follow their leads.

:bringit cleveland