Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Tonight...This team is finished.  Making the playoffs would be by default thanks to a fluke first half.  This team hasn't earned a playoff spot in my mind.  This team is ridiculous at the worst time to be so...

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! IF WE LOSE THIS GAME, WE'RE STILL 2.5 GAMES UP!

The first half was not a fluke. If they make to the playoff, they DESERVE it!

QUOTE(IndySoxFan @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
GOd damn Ozzie.... you freaking idiot..... why did you tell hermanson to give up that double :rolly

I'm confused as to how folks can continue to back Ozzie....he makes the most pisspoor decisions when it comes to the bullpen, he has no idea. But hey, as long as Sox fans are content with having one of our own, who is clueless with the roster, then yay us!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Unlike the White Sox, if you throw a meatball to the Indians, they're going to hammer the ball.

And more often than not, it still stays in the park.

We have been beaten this season more often by walks than by the long ball. Count on it.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!  IF WE LOSE THIS GAME, WE'RE STILL 2.5 GAMES UP! 

The first half was not a fluke.  If they make to the playoff, they DESERVE it!

This is a fluke, we were winning so many one run games the first half and now we can't do s***. The first half was a mirage, I have no idea how this team was that good early on, no clue.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!  IF WE LOSE THIS GAME, WE'RE STILL 2.5 GAMES UP! 

The first half was not a fluke.  If they make to the playoff, they DESERVE it!

We still have a 15 game lead, wait a 12 game lead, wait a 9.5 game lead, wait 3.5......and it goes down and down and down.

I can't take this s***. We ALL new that this team would find some way to truly truly f*** itself... and it has in the way of not even making the playoffs. The Indians are the much better team; we were just lucky they started off cold. It was nice to dream of a long post season run... but then we wouldn't be White Sox fans and they wouldn't be the White Sox. I see another 20+ years ahead of us before a World Series.

Kenny couldn't make a deal, and that killed us. Cleveland is an awesome team, and they seem to know what they are doing. When was the last time we had someone come up through our system and dominate?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
When Everett hit that home run, it should have been the end of the Tribe's magical run.

We win and hold them off. Instead the Tribe has come to Chicago and stuck it up our ass. Amazing.

And that's what makes the Indians so f***ing awesome lately. They never think they're out of the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
There will be some books written about this team, don't worry.

BTW, I've been hearing a lot of people mention it as "The Southside Collapse"

My favorite teams always have the lead or go into the playoffs and end up losing it somehow.