Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Man the ball must not be carrying tonight.  I swear those two balls (Crede's and Iguchi's) were HR's or at least basehits.

On a sidenote, its time to bring some luck to this thread and game.  COME ON WHITE SOX

Lets get em 1-2-3 in the top half of the 4th and than put some runs up on the board (one at a time).  None of this swinging for the fences every AB. 

LETS GO SOX!!!!!

The ball's Peralta and Hafner hit in the 1st looked like they were gone. Especially HAfner's

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I guess it's Garcia or bust tonite

Honestly its not a bad idea. Freddy has missed a couple times, but that last run got him because he (and Millwood for that fact) was getting squeezed on the Haffner AB. I'd knock more, but Milly has gotten squeezed on a few pitches himself.

He's left the ball up in the middle of the plate and needs to work on getting it down. At the same time, the Sox need the big righty to buckle up and start rolling through and giving the Sox some innings while keeping the club in the game.

Anything can happen and I for one still have faith. Sox have made some nice contact, gotten a few guys on board and should be able to run tonight off Millwood (I hope to hell Pods can get on his next time around...I think even he could still a base tonight).

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
the sharp objects have been taken away from me for 10 days

bridges are also off limits

No offense, I know you're joking, but some people need to get a grip around here. If anything, the last 50 games or so should show you that this team was never nearly as good as the record suggests. I guarantee you that there will be another Sox team in the next 5 years that is much better than this season's team.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
The ball's Peralta and Hafner hit in the 1st looked like they were gone. Especially HAfner's

I didn't think Peralta's was, but Hafner's looked like trouble.

Nice 1-2-3 Inning for Frederico :cheers

Now its time to put a crooked number on the board Chicago. LETS GO WHITE SOX :cheers

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
the sharp objects have been taken away from me for 10 days

bridges are also off limits

I'm starting to meditate when I swear. I'll drop an fbomb of some sort and than take some deep breaths to try and calm down. Somehow in my crazy mind I'm thinking it will have a positive effect on the Sox :crying

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
millwood has a pretty high pitch count too.

not as much as freddie, but he's got to be pushing 50

Easily, imo. Sox have worked the count pretty much all day (which has been one of the lone pluses). Hopefully they'll notice he's been throwing 1st pitch fastballs all game and start making adjustments and get a little agressive (mainly going opposite way, because he has been living on the outside part of the plate).

At the same time, I could see a vet like Millwood start throwing a lot of 1st pitch breaking balls the 2nd time through the order.

On a random sidenote, JD is going to have a big hit this inning.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
millwood has a pretty high pitch count too.

not as much as freddie, but he's got to be pushing 50

usually i would say that is a good thing. Except cleveland has the best bullpen in baseball.

It would be nice to get a Bobby though