Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
I said it the other day, but I can't wait for the justification after the season for the emphasis on speed.  If you have the previous year's offense with this pitching, you have a World Series contending team.  What you have this year is a division contending team.

Standard deviation. The Sox had a notoriously inconsistent offense last year, at the beginning of this season we were one of the most consistent.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Come on White Sox, you guys never gave up in the first half, change the mentality and string a few base hits in one inning.

I for one refuse to give up. And this Sox team isn't going to give up. I haven't seen them throw the towel in all season and they aren't going to in a playoff like game.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
i read your post...thanks didnt follow up that story it made me so sick.  you know the oldtimers must really puke what goes on these days with the way money and attitude dictate everything.

Money and attitude? Bonds just threw himself into action without any significant rehab time. He showed a lot more balls than most people would give him credit for by coming back when he did.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
No offense...but Timo???  WTF?  That makes less sense than walking Martinez on 4 pitches in the 3rd inning.

yes even timo. I am not a big timo supporter but he can do more of the small things than carl who has done absolutly nothing for weeks now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
You know I'm a pessimist, but I honestly believe the Indians are the best team in baseball.  They have an extremely deep, talented lineup, a great bullpen, and some starting pitchers who have stepped it up big time.  If you add confidence and their comeback ability, they're my pick to win the World Series.

the indians are 5.5:1 to win the AL

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
yes even timo. I am not a big timo supporter but he can do more of the small things than carl who has done absolutly nothing for weeks now.

I'm all for Timo, lol I know that sounds crazy but he'll bunt if has to and he'll hit opposite field. Plus he has more speed.

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
You are about as hardcore as they come my friend

This team looked way too good for too long to be this bad for a long stretch. They will find there way. I have no doubt about it either.

Now lets get the job done Juan.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
This game ain't over. :snr

Jason, you can try to be as positive as possible, but this team is done.

It took exatly 19 minutes for this game to be over. That was the amount of time from the first pitch until Cleveland to put up it's second run. -- We all know by now that the Sox haven't comeback from a multi-run defecit since July 30th. -- I see nothing from their play of late to indicate that we will see another multi-run comeback this season.

This puts us in a huge hole when our pissant pitchers can't get out of the first inning unscathed.

The only way we win is if we score first and can hold the opponent off, and we've been bad at that lately too.

Right now, I'd be surprised if we didn't get shutout all 3 games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Money and attitude?  Bonds just threw himself into action without any significant rehab time.  He showed a lot more balls than most people would give him credit for by coming back when he did.

if he can run, hit, & field then you better get your butt in there if the playoffs are on the line. end of story!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I'm all for Timo, lol I know that sounds crazy but he'll bunt if has to and he'll hit opposite field. Plus he has more speed.

Right now I'd look about as good as Everett in the lineup. Another big bender gets a Sox guy to strike out with a runner in scoring position.

Come on you f***s, get a clutch hit and start putting something together :rage