Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

FIRE WALKER AT THE END OF THIS SEASON! I have always loved Greg, as a player and as a hitting coach this season. But this offense is 100% pathetic. Ozzie can not afford to bring him back next season. I guess ALL of the Sox critics are right. We lost too much offense (Ordonez, Carlos Lee and Valentin) to be taken seriously. At the time I did not believe them, but now I do. We just simply can not generate any runs at all. And it's just not one game...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
if he can run, hit, & field then you better get your butt in there if the playoffs are on the line.  end of story!

Well, he couldn't run that day. If you saw him on the news the night before, he looked so mentall and physically worn out.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Jason, you can try to be as positive as possible, but this team is done.

It took exatly 19 minutes for this game to be over. That was the amount of time from the first pitch until Cleveland to put up it's second run. -- We all know by now that the Sox haven't comeback from a multi-run defecit since July 30th. -- I see nothing from their play of late to indicate that we will see another multi-run comeback this season.

This puts us in a huge hole when our pissant pitchers can't get out of the first inning unscathed.

The only way we win is if we score first and can hold the opponent off, and we've been bad at that lately too.

Right now, I'd be surprised if we didn't get shutout all 3 games.

Tonights as good a time as any to end that stat and streak. I refuse to be negative in a time like this. Its only going to make me more bitter than I already am when it comes to this club (namely one Ozzie Guillen and his use of the pitching staff as well as his non-use of Ross Gload).

This club is capable. Its gotta go up there with the approach of taking Millwoods fastball and driving it to right field.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
FIRE WALKER AT THE END OF THIS SEASON!  I have always loved Greg, as a player and as a hitting coach this season.  But this offense is 100% pathetic.  Ozzie can not afford to bring him back next season.  I guess ALL of the Sox critics are right.  We lost too much offense (Ordonez, Carlos Lee and Valentin) to be taken seriously.  At the time I did not believe them, but now I do.  We just simply can not generate any runs at all.  And it's just not one game...

Isn't the Rangers hitting coach, Rudy Jaramillo (sp?,) available after this season. Look what he has done with Texas, stressed up the middle and away. Granted, they have some damn good hitters, but he still put that mindset into them.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Jason, you can try to be as positive as possible, but this team is done.

It took exatly 19 minutes for this game to be over. That was the amount of time from the first pitch until Cleveland to put up it's second run. -- We all know by now that the Sox haven't comeback from a multi-run defecit since July 30th. -- I see nothing from their play of late to indicate that we will see another multi-run comeback this season.

This puts us in a huge hole when our pissant pitchers can't get out of the first inning unscathed.

The only way we win is if we score first and can hold the opponent off, and we've been bad at that lately too.

Right now, I'd be surprised if we didn't get shutout all 3 games.

does this mean we won't see the monkey tonight?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Amen. This White Sox will not give up tonight.

I would believe we weren't giving up if when we got a guy to 2nd with a leadoff double/error, we got him to 3rd and into position to drive him in. You know, like a small ball team is SUPPOSED to do.

Instead...we get this horse s***.