EL DUQUE MUST GO!

TheBigHurt

Ok, I don't mean to be an ass, or u know, hell with that, I'm NOT being one, I'm speaking as a concerned Sox fan who doesn't want to see this great year whittle away into nothing when something can be done about it.

It's no secret El Duque has had his chance. He has fallen apart while B Mac has risen up and shown himself to be a keeper. At least over Orlando. I don't care what is done with him, but I will put everything into one small, understandable sentence:

REPLACE EL DUQUE WITH B MAC! PLEASE!!!!

Well, that was two sentences, but I had to expand on it.

Just DO it.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Ok, I don't mean to be an ass, or u know, hell with that, I'm NOT being one, I'm speaking as a concerned Sox fan who doesn't want to see this great year whittle away into nothing when something can be done about it.

It's no secret El Duque has had his chance. He has fallen apart while B Mac has risen up and shown himself to be a keeper. At least over Orlando. I don't care what is done with him, but I will put everything into one small, understandable sentence:

REPLACE EL DUQUE WITH B MAC! PLEASE!!!!

Well, that was two sentences, but I had to expand on it.

Just DO it.

He is a big game pitcher!

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
Hopefully this meltdown of El Duque shows that in the off-season of the 2 cubans he has to be the one that goes even if we get less in return and pay some of his contract.

There might not be a whole lot of teams wanting that contract. I could be mistaken, but I don't think many teams will be clamoring for El Duque.

If keeping Hernandez around next year in a long relief, spot starting role means a whole year of second-half-of-this-season Jose Contreras, then I'll gladly keep him on the roster.

Edited by CWSGuy406

El Duque might not even deserve a playoff spot...depending on how many pitchers we carry.

Mark

Jon

Freddy

Jose

BMac (long relief)

Clifford

You can't Focking see that

Hermy

Cotts

Marte

Vizcaino

-that adds up to 11 pitchers, which is what I believe most teams carry into the playoffs since they only have to push 4 starters.

I bet we could find some takers for El Duque in the offseason, simply because the free agent market this offseason is going to be so thin. If not, he's not a horrid option in long relief early next year, and then we can try to move him at the AS break. It would be nice to free up part of his contract though.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
El Duque might not even deserve a playoff spot...depending on how many pitchers we carry.

Mark

Jon

Freddy

Jose

BMac (long relief)

Clifford

You can't Focking see that

Hermy

Cotts

Marte

Vizcaino

-that adds up to 11 pitchers, which is what I believe most teams carry into the playoffs since they only have to push 4 starters.

I bet we could find some takers for El Duque in the offseason, simply because the free agent market this offseason is going to be so thin.  If not, he's not a horrid option in long relief early next year, and then we can try to move him at the AS break.  It would be nice to free up part of his contract though.

Doesn't matter if he deserves it or not. He will make the playoff roster unless he gets injured before the playoffs start. What a loss that would be...

Yep looks like it'll be made official today;

MINNEAPOLIS — Sox manager Ozzie Guillen still hasn't made a final decision on whether he will replace Orlando Hernandez in the starting rotation with rookie Brandon McCarthy, but the second-year skipper said he was leaning toward giving the job to McCarthy.

Guillen was expected to meet with general manager Ken Williams and make the change official today.

"The way McCarthy's thrown the last couple outings, it makes me confident because he threw pretty good and that's one of the reasons I'm leaning to him," Guillen said.

Hernandez is 0-2 with a 12.71 ERA in his last two starts, and 1-8 with a 6.01 ERA in his last 11 outings.

I agree; I'll roll the dice with BMac. What troubles me about El Duque is that he gets rocked and rocked hard. It's not like Garland last year where he'd have the Big Inning but then settle down, E.D. Gets pounded; it's like he comes completely off the rails.

Good points about maybe he's a 2nd half pitcher that we shouldn't use in the first.

And look at Contreras! God, did I hate that guy and could NOT wait to get rid of him for somebody like Burnett. Not only is he saving our ass right now, Burnett's having a horrible second half.

I just hope one of the Big Three steps up and starts dominating; IMO that's all it's gonna take to get us the rest of the way to the playoffs. Either Buehrle, Garland or Garcia to get back on track and start shutting down teams.

But yeah: I hate to see anybody on the Sox fail, but E.D. has been simply awful.