If Garcia gets through the 1st inning...

GasHeGone

Freddy's struggles in the first inning have been well documented all year long. All I know is that if he can fight through the top half of the first without getting shelled, I feel as though Garcia is one of the most dominant pitchers around. It's just that damn first inning that scares me...and the fact that he doesn't pitch well at the Cell. But I'm gonna trust Ozzie when he says that Freddy is a big game pitcher.

Freddy, we picked you up last summer for games like these.

Get her done.

Go Sox.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
If ANY pitcher can't get fired up for this kind of game, he shouldn't be starting.  KC?  TB?  I can understand not getting fired up...but THIS game...COME ON!!!

I can't. What kind of competitor can't get fired up for every game, when they're only out there once every 5 days...and they get 9 million dollars for doing it?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
I can't.  What kind of competitor can't get fired up for every game, when they're only out there once every 5 days...and they get 9 million dollars for doing it?

It is truly inexcusable. Not many places can you do a lack luster job 1/3 of the time and still get paid... and get paid extremely well while doing so. He needs to get himself some balls tonight and keep them for the next month and a half hopefully.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
It is truly inexcusable. Not many places can you do a lack luster job 1/3 of the time and still get paid... and get paid extremely well while doing so. He needs to get himself some balls tonight and keep them for the next month and a half hopefully.

Hit the proverbial nail square on the head.

If Freddy trots out to toe the rubber with his skirt on, we are going to get hit HARD. If he comes out and pitches a game like he did at Wrigley Fied--that is, the only real documented case I have of Freddy pitching with a serious pair...Twins game INcluded--he can dominate nearly any offense in the league.