Need Help

Bridgeport Sox

Hey guys i have been a reader of these boards for almost fiver years now but i am not really into posting. i would rather just soak up info :P but i come to you tonight because i have a big problem on my hands. i currently just started attending class at the university of illinois-champaign urbana and i have no way to watch tonights game which is broadcasted on wciu. i dont think i can watch the game on mlb.tv either because the zip code in champaign is listed as well. do you guys have any idea of how i can watch the game? possibly get around the blackout on mlb.tv? please help me out loyal soxtalk fans. a sox fan is in need.

Zoonie824

Sox fan 18 Years

Soxtalk underground reader 5 years

QUOTE(zoonie824 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Hey guys i have been a reader of these boards for almost fiver years now but i am not really into posting. i would rather just soak up info :P  but i come to you tonight because i have a big problem on my hands. i currently just started attending class at the university of illinois-champaign urbana and i have no way to watch tonights game which is broadcasted on wciu. i dont think i can watch the game on mlb.tv either because the zip code in champaign is listed as well. do you guys have any idea of how i can watch the game? possibly get around the blackout on mlb.tv? please help me out loyal soxtalk fans. a sox fan is in need.

Zoonie824

Sox fan 18 Years

Soxtalk underground reader 5 years

Thanks for stealing my thread :bang LOL I have the same problem

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Don't some schools have satillite or dish network?  Like MLB ticket or something like that.

Even if you have a satellite dish network and MLB Extra innings...if the game is on WCIU and the Sox broadcast is the one that is carried, people outside the WCIU viewing area will not get the game. Some sort of stupid exclusive contract for games between the Sox and WCIU. I can't figure out why WCIU wouldn't want the ratings from me watching, but it seems that they don't.

Thanks for making me realize the game was on WCIU btw, I hadn't looked at my calendar yet. Now I know not to head home until the game was finished (thankfully, MLB radio never gets blacked out other than through technical problems)

Actually just got MLBTV today for $20 for all the games in September and October. I had the same problem as you, but I don't think there is any legit way to get around the blackouts. My advice is to find a close relative or friend who lives outside of Chicago and ask them to purchase it for you. You can check out what areas are blackouted for each team on their website.