What the hell is Brantley's problem?

Greg Hibbard

I heard him last night say he didn't think the Indians had to worry about the WC because they would win the central, and today a buddy of mine said that he further said that the White Sox wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Bearing in mind that if the White Sox go just 5-9, the Yanks would have to go 11-2 to overtake. No way this happens, even if we lose the division to a miraculous Tribe surge.

What kind of crack is that jackass smoking? Why does he hate the White Sox so much that he sees the world with such s***-colored glasses? Normally I don't care what the national media says, but this f***ing idiot has basically rooted against this team all year and wants desperately to dance on their graves gleefully if they do the unthinkable. I find his lack of basic rationality to be appalling. It's one thing to paint a gloomy scenario as being likely, it's quite another to frame an almost impossible one as definitive.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
I heard him last night say he didn't think the Indians had to worry about the WC because they would win the central, and today a buddy of mine said that he further said that the White Sox wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Bearing in mind that if the White Sox go just 5-9, the Yanks would have to go 11-2 to overtake.  No way this happens, even if we lose the division to a miraculous Tribe surge.

What kind of crack is that jackass smoking? Why does he hate the White Sox so much that he sees the world with such s***-colored glasses? Normally I don't care what the national media says, but this f***ing idiot has basically rooted against this team all year and wants desperately to dance on their graves gleefully if they do the unthinkable. I find his lack of basic rationality to be appalling. It's one thing to paint a gloomy scenario as being likely, it's quite another to frame an almost impossible one as definitive.

It's nothing new for Brantley to be s***ting on our club, he's been doing it all year long. What amazes me about him is he was a below average player at best and doesn't seem to have any fundamental knowledge of the game whatsoever. He is the type of guy who jumps on a different bandwagon every day, whether it be to root for or against someone. He passively hated us even when we were winning almost every day, he would be critical of the little things we did wrong even if we won games. He's an ass, don't let it get to you man.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
I'm past caring what others say. We've been blowing it for weeks now and he ain't the only one saying we're toast.

We have to show some balls and squeak out a win tonight somehow.

Totally agree. At this point we deserve to be ridiculed by these guys at ESPN because we're playing like crap. We gotta just pick it up and prove these so called experts wrong.

ESPN "analysts" are jokes across the board. Jeff Brantley, Steve Phillips, John Kruk, Shawn Salisbury, Mark Schlareth...wow. These guys have done nothing in their careers for the mostpart. They are all washed up has beens or never was in casees like Salisbury. Why should we ever care what any of them have to say? We shouldn't ;)

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
ESPN "analysts" are jokes across the board.  Jeff Brantley, Steve Phillips, John Kruk, Shawn Salisbury, Mark Schlareth...wow.  These guys have done nothing in their careers for the mostpart.  They are all washed up has beens or never was in casees like Salisbury.  Why should we ever care what any of them have to say?  We shouldn't ;)

Mark Schlareth was a tough guy I'll give him that and John Kruk was decent but other than that, everyone else seems to be a has been.

Schlereth wasn't that good? That's just ignorant. Ask John Elway and Terrell Davis what kind of a player he was. Anyways, only paranoid sox fans would watch their team lose 12.5 games off a lead in 6 weeks and then b**** about the national media. It's silly. Let's win some games to inspire confidence in others. Hell, we don't have any confidence as sox fans now because the players don't believe in themselves right now

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
ESPN "analysts" are jokes across the board.  Jeff Brantley, Steve Phillips, John Kruk, Shawn Salisbury, Mark Schlareth...wow.  These guys have done nothing in their careers for the mostpart.  They are all washed up has beens or never was in casees like Salisbury.  Why should we ever care what any of them have to say?  We shouldn't ;)

Even though I'm not in favor of the doom and gloom, I have to give you props on going out and finding that avatar.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
He doesn't like Ozzie for some reason, it probably went back to their playing days. I guess I don't know but I would figure that Ozzie was a better player than Brantley. But yeah he's been hating Ozzie and the White Sox all year.

It started after Ozzie reacted poorly to Brantley's deserved criticism for how Ozzie handled the bullpen in that Angels home game on Memorial Day, I think.

It's safe to say we're not exactly the team America roots for.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 06:01 AM)
Even though I'm not in favor of the doom and gloom, I have to give you props on going out and finding that avatar.

Haha, thanks. I can't take all the credit though, it was posted in one of the threads around here by Nuke I believe. I'm not totally doom and gloom, just losing more and more faith every day.

I also heard from some dude on ESPN that he didn't think the Indians were going to win the division because their pitching rotation matchups weren't there for them. Anyway these guys change their opinions almost every week. Nothing special about them as paid analysts because we all do that here on Soxtalk for free.

FWIW, I have no problems with Brantley. The whole Brantley/Ozzie feud started when Brantley correctly criticized Ozzie's horrible mismanagement of his bullpen in that Angels game. Ozzie didn't take kindly to be first and second guessed, and they never put the incident behind him. I could care less about what ESPN says about the Sox. You're insane if you think any media outlet will say anything good about the Southside Collapse.