Mark: We need you badly tommorrow

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
This is his big test?  I know their are a lot of different opinions on Buehrle and whether he is an ace or not.  This game should decide it.  We need him to shut the indians down tommorrow.

I agree. He needs to step it up tomorrow and start pitching like he did earlier in the season.

This is his big test?  I know their are a lot of different opinions on Buehrle and whether he is an ace or not.  This game should decide it.  We need him to shut the indians down tommorrow.

Someone has mentioned this every start of Buehlre's the last two weeks.

How did he manage against playoff contender Anaheim Angels? Or the worst team in baseball Kansas City Royals one game after a devastating loss?

I believe Buehlre is the "ace" of this club. That's about it. Right now he has to pick this team up. Bring this team a victory and prime them to win the final game of the series.

I agree. Losing the division and making the wild card is the kiss of death to me because we would be the only team out of 8 that would go in on a negative note. We MUST win the division to have a chance to do ANYTHING in the playoffs. I think people are using the wild card as a crutch hope but you can't tell me that we can recover quickly enough to win three series if we blow this lead. That said, let's win some f***ing games so this isn't a problem

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Someone has mentioned this every start of Buehlre's the last two weeks.

How did he manage against playoff contender Anaheim Angels? Or the worst team in baseball Kansas City Royals one game after a devastating loss?

I believe Buehlre is the "ace" of this club. That's about it. Right now he has to pick this team up. Bring this team a victory and prime them to win the final game of the series.

I agree. MB has had plenty of times to step up, and thus far he's pitched pretty poorly in those starts. I expect him to pitch poorly again tomorrow...

This was a huge momentum game, not only coming in, but the way it played out,

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
I agree. Losing the division and making the wild card is the kiss of death to me because we would be the only team out of 8 that would go in on a negative note. We MUST win the division to have a chance to do ANYTHING in the playoffs.

I actually disagree with that. I know where you're going, in terms of it being a big emotional letdown. But in reality it doesn't mean too much IMO. Win the division and (probably) play the Angels. Win the wildcard and play Boston or NY. I see problems facing any of those teams. With the wildcard we don't get home field. Big deal, we've been a better road team all year long. And it would be better to get away from Chicago if they do blow the division. Besides, the pressure will be off. No one will give the Sox a shot to do anything. Maybe they rally around that.

Would I prefer the wildcard? Of course not. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world if it happens. The way this team is playing right now, and considering Cleveland's other series are against KC and Tampa... I'll sign on the dotted line to make the playoffs at this point, regardless of how we get there.

He couldn't beat the f***ing Royals when we needed him to so Im not too optimistic about his chances against a red hot Cleveland team.

If Buehrle loses this game because he has pitched bad ill be very down on him. He needs to go 7 innings only allowing 1-2 runs and this is the biggest game of the season for him. We faced their toughest pitcher and had a chance to win. These 2 games we have the better pitches for both games so if this team is still alive they will win the next 2 games.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:04 AM)
I agree. Losing the division and making the wild card is the kiss of death to me because we would be the only team out of 8 that would go in on a negative note. We MUST win the division to have a chance to do ANYTHING in the playoffs. I think people are using the wild card as a crutch hope but you can't tell me that we can recover quickly enough to win three series if we blow this lead. That said, let's win some f***ing games so this isn't a problem

Not making the playoffs is THE ONLY BAD SCENARIO!