To all who think the Sox don't make the playoffs

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a new creative title for "In or Out"? The funny thing is that it doesn't matter at all what couch potatoes like myself or anyone else say. If starting a thread like this makes you feel better, then kudos to you for trying. I know we're all just searching for anything positive right now.

BTW...I predicted 3 weeks ago we wouldn't make the playoffs in chat, and I'm standing with that prediction. Will I be happy if we make it? f*** yes, just as much as anyone else.

It's really not hard to choose a side, guys. Don't toe the line.

This team makes the playoffs. Not that making the playoffs even matters, because they won't win a series...but for those of you who think that making the playoffs is something important and tangible and worthwhile, I'm here to tell you they are in. 95 wins will get us in, and I see them winning at least that many games.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
I don't think that is needed.  I think you are a good poster.  And you make a lot of good points.  I just don't think we need to ridicule Sox fans these days.  We are going to be getting enough of it.

I go in peace

:gosox1:

It's cool. What I mean is: don't listen to these f***ing jokers who say the Sox are choking. They are not choking. You do not choke with an 11-8 record in september. Say it with me: before tonight, it was not the Sox' fault that the Tribe went 32-11 in their previous 43 games. No matter what those idiot pundits would have you believe

We still have the best record in the AL. f*** the A's, they're not getting in. f*** the Yankees and the Red Sox who have to scrap at each other the last weekend of the season just to see who wins their pathetic division.

Even if the Tribe sweep (god forbid) the Yanks have to keep winning just to maintain the stride. Think that piss poor rotation will do that? Hell no they won't!

In short, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Edited by Greg Hibbard

My opinion is that they have no f***ing right to make it to the playoffs. This team doesn't deserve s***. If Ozzie wins MotY, I will barf on my keyboard. I will be SHOCKED, mark it, SHOCKED if this team makes the playoffs. Ridicule me all you want but if you think this team will or deserves to make the playoffs, you know nothing about baseball and you are a dumb homer...JMO

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
My opinion is that they have no f***ing right to make it to the playoffs. This team doesn't deserve s***. If Ozzie wins MotY, I will barf on my keyboard. I will be SHOCKED, mark it, SHOCKED if this team makes the playoffs. Ridicule me all you want but if you think this team will or deserves to make the playoffs, you know nothing about baseball and you are a dumb homer...JMO

So you don't think there is anyone in the world who knows anything about baseball who thinks that a team that starts out hot, struggles towards the end of the season, but still has a better record than most other teams, deserves to make the playoffs?

Really?

Is there a list somewhere or a test I could take to prove I know something about baseball?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)

Do the A's deserve to make it with their paper thin lineup and overrated starters like Dick Hard-on and Rich Haren?

Do the Red Sox deserve to make it with their patchwork bullpen and inconsistencies?

Do the Yankees deserve to make it with their ludicrous rotation?

Any more than the Sox do?

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:07 AM)
Do the A's deserve to make it with their paper thin lineup and overrated starters like Dick Hard-on and Rich Haren?

Do the Red Sox deserve to make it with their patchwork bullpen and inconsistencies?

The great part is that we'll see in 13 games. I will be absolutely pissed though if I see any whining on here if the Sox don't make the playoffs that go like this "how can Ozzie get bashed, we won 94 games, and still didn't make the playoffs"! You have a 15 game lead on August 1st, you need to find a way to make it.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)

All the teams you listed, are actually playing like they want to win and guess what, they are! When you want something and work hard to get it, you acheive that goal. Doesn't sound fimiiar? Because the Sox are not doing that. They do NOT deserve to make the playoffs. Save the humiliation.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
All the teams you listed, are actually playing like they want to win and guess what, they are! When you want something and work hard to get it, you acheive that goal. Doesn't sound fimiiar? Because the Sox are not doing that. They do NOT deserve to make the playoffs. Save the humiliation.

Well...not the Red Sox...they're down to what, a .5 game lead now?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)

Oakland has a 7-10 record in September. The White Sox have an 11-8 record in September.