Idaho sues big companies..............

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I dont have a link but I heard on Fox News that the state of Idaho is going to use the Federal RICO statuate to sue agri-business to recoup the costs incurred by services for illegal aliens knowingly hired by them.

If Im reading this right I really like this move. I hope they're successful.

If you want to stop illegal immigration, there is only 1 method to do it...go after the employers who hire the immigrants. Right now, there's a huge advantage to hire them...you can employ them for below minimum wage and avoid paying attention to other workplace safety rules. There has been basically no effort by any agency to slow this practice down. If there were a genuine reason for companies to not hire illegals...then suddenly, the jobs for illegals may very well dry up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
If you want to stop illegal immigration, there is only 1 method to do it...go after the employers who hire the immigrants.  Right now, there's a huge advantage to hire them...you can employ them for below minimum wage and avoid paying attention to other workplace safety rules.  There has been basically no effort by any agency to slow this practice down.  If there were a genuine reason for companies to not hire illegals...then suddenly, the jobs for illegals may very well dry up.

As would the incentive to come here illegally.

It's an interesting approach. Applying RICO to illegals. It undoubtedly will go through a lengthy appeals process but if upheld it could change the way states across America deal with the problem. It's amazing how statutes designed to apply solely to organized crime in America have been broadened to include pro-lifers & now businesses supporting the hiring of illegal workers.

QUOTE(Balance @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Well, actually, they'll be applying RICO to agribusinesses who hire illegals.

Its high time someone went after big business for causing this problem. The fact that they draw illegals here by hiring them and then having the states get stuck with the bill for benefits is absolutely unconsionable on their part. Those found to hire Illegal Aliens should be made to pay restitution to the states for monies lost providing these people with health care and education etc etc.