White Sox Hitters

DBAHO

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
If you trade Dye, and have an outfield of Pods, Rowand, and Anderson, you're just asking for an even worse offense next season.  Dye has a very solid contract for next season, and he's basically a lock to hit between 25 and 30 homers.  Don't forget he's also a solid veteran who you'll never hear a single bad word about.  I'd much rather get rid of Pods or Rowand.

Dye is at his peak value right now. Alot of Gm's will repeat what you just said. Even though this is matching his career year, and he hasnt been this good in quite awhile, we assume this is how he will be. The fact that he hasnt been injured and has played this many games, is a smoke screen in his injury filled career. This is why i think we should unload him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Whatever the Sox do in the offseason, they need more lefty hitters (seems like we've been saying this for years).  All you have to do is pitch a righty with a good slider, and you have an excellent chance at a quality start against the Sox.

We need players that can hit righties better period. Doesn't mean they have to be left handed. Just like you don't need to be left handed to get lefties out ( ozzie).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Dye is at his peak value right now.  Alot of Gm's will repeat what you just said.  Even though this is matching his career year, and he hasnt been this good in quite awhile, we assume this is how he will be.  The fact that he hasnt been injured and has played this many games, is a smoke screen in his injury filled career.  This is why i think we should unload him.

What are we going to get for Dye? We almost definitely wouldn't get back a hitter better than him. Here's an idea this offseason: no trades in which we get a lesser hitter in exchange for a more proven hitter.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Dye is at his peak value right now.  Alot of Gm's will repeat what you just said.  Even though this is matching his career year, and he hasnt been this good in quite awhile, we assume this is how he will be.  The fact that he hasnt been injured and has played this many games, is a smoke screen in his injury filled career.  This is why i think we should unload him.

Dye had two years better than this one. One year he had an ops of .880 and the following year he has an ops of .951 This year he stands at an .832 ops.