O'Reilly has to stop lieing about poverty

KipWellsFan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't making fun of Canada if you thought I was. I was saying that I can understand why Canadians wouldn't like him and in another post I said he's popular in America, not like Canada as in I'm guessing he's not very popular in Canada. Sorry I didn't explain it better.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I wasn't making fun of Canada if you thought I was. I was saying that I can understand why Canadians wouldn't like him and in another post I said he's popular in America, not like Canada as in I'm guessing he's not very popular in Canada. Sorry I didn't explain it better.

We only have O'Reilly on a specialty channel, so you can imagine how liberal our media is. :P

Hey I live in Iowa, it's helping out my state, we have ethanol plants all over. What are we famous for??? That's right, corn. Plus it's $2.49 here compared to $2.59. And I only buy gas once a month or so since I bike on a USA made bike. But the tires were made in Italy.

Minnesota has got quite a few ethonol plants too. They are also making SoyDeisel. woot.

2. There were a liberal alternative in the media. Aside from the Daily Show, there really isn't anything that leans to my direction. Therefore, the Conservative side has a whole channel that they can use to get out their talking points, while the other side of the aisle has no such thing.

Sundance Channel runs one hour of Al Frankens show. Its on a premium cable package in my area, but I catch it once in a while and get a few chuckles.

I think the whole 'liberal media' thing is just out of control. Something that Conservatives/Republicans bring out when things dont go their way. Rush Limbaugh rules AM Radio. Certainly not liberal. FOX News (some would call it Faux News) rules the cable news. They certainly are not liberal.

Since 1980, Republicans have been in control of the White House except for the 8 Clinton Years. If problems arise, you blame the President. If the Conservative/Republicans dont want to get critcized, dont run for office is the way I simply look at it.

Just what is the liberal media, what makes them liberal? Is it that they are so obsessed with stopping global warming? Or legalizing pot or gay marriage? Do they have an anti-Southern State bias? Are they anti-religious? Are they owned and ran by pro-environment businesses? Are the anchors and or editors all Democrats? I just need a good explanation as to why you think it's so obvious that the media is generally liberal?

Please try to give me an answer William, you're leaving me hanging!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Let's be honest here about news stations too. You know as well as I do that there is a bigger liberal media.

The "Liberal Media" is a beast of mythology much like Bigfoot is. Conservative strategists have conceded as much (Apu or somebody else can probably help me with a reference link). But it is a very effective imaginary enemy for the conservative talking heads to rail against, a focal rallying point. Nothing plays better than having an identified big amorphous enemy like the War on Terror, the War on Drugs, or the War on the Liberal Media.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
And yet...oh man, I can't. It's just too easy.

I'm dumb

Conservative strategists have conceded as much (Apu or somebody else can probably help me with a reference link).

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...hl=o'reilly

A previous thread where O'Reilly and Coulter admit within a day of each other that the media is not generally controlled by the left.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
I'm dumb

A previous thread where O'Reilly and Coulter admit within a day of each other that the media is not generally controlled by the left.

Thanks Kip. :cheers

I knew this had been posted here before, but Kap made me afraid to try searching for it since it might bring the place crashing down!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
The "Liberal Media" is a beast of mythology much like Bigfoot is.  Conservative strategists have conceded as much (Apu or somebody else can probably help me with a reference link).  But it is a very effective imaginary enemy for the conservative talking heads to rail against, a focal rallying point.  Nothing plays better than having an identified big amorphous enemy like the War on Terror, the War on Drugs, or the War on the Liberal Media.

Bull. The liberal media has been in existance all of my adult life. Only recently have the opposing viewpoint been available.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
I'm dumb

So when it is convient for your beliefs you believe and quote what they say? That might be the funniest thing I have seen.