Sean Burroughs Pitching

DBAHO

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I've heard of backing into the playoffs but the Padres have been going backwards almost this entire season.

I believe the Giants are roughly 5 games back at this point. And with the miracle of modern chemistry returning to their lineup...they're not out of it yet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I believe the Giants are roughly 5 games back at this point.  And with the miracle of modern chemistry returning to their lineup...they're not out of it yet.

Assuming there's no way he's on roids now, he sure hit that homer a far way last night. In a way, I wish people would stop bashing everything he does, and just enjoy that they're seeing one of the greatest players ever on the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Assuming there's no way he's on roids now, he sure hit that homer a far way last night.  In a way, I wish people would stop bashing everything he does, and just enjoy that they're seeing one of the greatest players ever on the field.

Given that it's impossible to test for several substances, including HGH, using the MLB's testing program, I would say your first assumption cannot be taken as a given.

Secondly...have there really been any studies that show how rapidly muscle tissue or other abilities decay after steroid use ends, if a person keeps up strenuous muscle-maintenance activities like lifting weights, etc.? Somehow I doubt it - you'd need subjects who have used steroids in the first place to do the research on.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Assuming there's no way he's on roids now, he sure hit that homer a far way last night.  In a way, I wish people would stop bashing everything he does, and just enjoy that they're seeing one of the greatest players ever on the field.

Don't you mean one of the greatest players* on the field? :bang