Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Hard to find a lot of holes when you keep popping up

We've had 3 innings where we could have had big innings, but we just hit the ball right at people. That's how you have a shutout. It's not like they're not trying hard.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Elarton has given up 3 ER in his last 3 starts FWIW.

Not worth much. What exactly are the records of the clubs Elarton has pitched against during his last three starts?

Playoff teams hit Elarton. His stuff is hardly overwhelming. Hits should come off him. It's obvious with all these popups our approach against Cy-Elarton is wrong.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
We've had 3 innings where we could have had big innings, but we just hit the ball right at people. That's how you have a shutout. It's not like they're not trying hard.

I know we're complete opposites in terms of how we look at things, but I think you're going to have a hard time convincing people we hit into a lot of bad luck tonight. Yes, there's been some hard hit balls that were caught. However, if you only hit like 5 balls solid all night, you're going to struggle.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
If we can win both the next series, I think we'll win the division and be a shoe-in for the playoffs.

Um - yeah...6 wins would be probably win the division.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
if tampa wins that puts the Yankees ahead by .5 in the East, right?

and it would reduce our magic number for the wildcard to 8

Don't forget this...either the Red Sox or Yanks are guaranteed to lose another 2 games this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
To win both series, we'd have to go 6-2.  Considering we face Johan tomorrow, I'll be content with 5-3.

But that's the only unfavorable matchup, and as we have seen tonight, things don't always go like they are supposed to.