Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
Judy got f***ed nibbling on the corners on 2 strikes, and walking people.  Much like the other big three pitchers we have had go this week.

You have to be able to strikeout top hitting teams. You can make a lot of good pitches to them, but they'll foul them off. I don't blame Garland though...he gave us a chance to win tonight. Bad offense and a very late hook cost him big time.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
We need to play better baseball for me to be positive. Right now, the way we are playing, i think it is o.k. if i am negative along with any other fan if they want to. Just because we are 31 games over .500 ( after tonight) doesn't mean everything is perfectly fine... because it is rather the opposite.

If you dislike my posts so much there is always the option to put my posts on ignore.

I'm not saying everything is perfectly fine. I'm saying that when something good happens, you dont post, and when something bad happens, you are the first to post.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Ozzie built this team to his liking, and no one expected them to be that good in the first half of the year.  I didnt get my hopes up, which is why when they play .500 ball, I dont get upset and blame Ozzie for everything.

And yea, I do think Ozzie should get some blame for this letdown, but come on.  Its not his fault the players dont execute.

FWIW, I was blaming Ozzie well before the .500 stretch. A lot of us saw that he was making a lot of foolish decisions during the games, and we had to seemingly win despite our manager.

Yes, I don't blame Ozzie completely for this potential collapse. However, I feel like he has let this team down in the last month or so when they needed him the most. When you're not playing great as a team, you need to put the team in the best chance to succeed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
KW needs to find line drive high OBP hitters for next year.

This dip your back shoulder, try and launch it on the dan ryan sucks.

That sounds like ol' Billy Ball to the Hawk. He wouldn't like that one bit cause stats don't matter! :puke

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
Yankees play Balty at home tomorrow, three at home at Toronto, four at Balty and three at Boston

Baltimore is f***ing awful now, and they just lost Roberts. It wouldn't shock me if they lose their last 8 games against the Yanks this year.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
this was supposed to be the season that i would tell my grandkids about.  now it looks like that conversation will start out with, "forget 1969, forget the 2004 ALCS, the biggest chokejob in MLB history was the 2005 chicago whitesox....."

Back away from the ledge! This team has had a great run this year, but it was never a once in a lifetime team. You'll see better teams on the south side in the next 5 years.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
When you're not playing great as a team, you need to put the team in the best chance to succeed.

Thats true, but again, its not Ozzie's fault that the bullpen blows a lead. Sure, you can blame him for putting in Marte who let up 2 runs so the opposing team is only down by 1, but its still up to the players to execute.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
I mean 4 or 5 games in a row like starting today. Minnie isn't going to lay down for us like they did for the Indians. As hot as Cle. is right now they can take over easily.

Ok. I understand wshat you are saying and I agree. Minny won't lay down, but I kind of feel good about our chances against them. If we can get good solid starting pitching, which has not been there the last 2 weeks or so. McCarthy could help

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Back away from the ledge!  This team has had a great run this year, but it was never a once in a lifetime team.  You'll see better teams on the south side in the next 5 years.

i don't think we will. this season is a total failure. from reinsdorf all the way down the list. the sox got complacent. they did nothing to improve themselves and now they are paying for it. and the excuse that no one wanted to trade with them won't cut it. they'll trade if you meet their price. but are you saying "Wait till next year?" you sure you're not wearing blue and red?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Alrighty!!! We got 6 outs to get 6 runs! Back in May, that was no problem at all! Let's hope they can pull it out. I will bet we get two runs atleast back in this inning.  :headbang

Actually in May our offense pretty much sucked even worse than now...Konerko, Dye, Crede, Uribe were all mired in slumps...several of them saw their averages fall below .200 that month.

In May we'd have won this game 1-0.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Thats true, but again, its not Ozzie's fault that the bullpen blows a lead.  Sure, you can blame him for putting in Marte who let up 2 runs so the opposing team is only down by 1, but its still up to the players to execute.

So you are under the belief that you should let your pitchers start an inning after throwing over 100 pitches and getting knocked around a bit. Or start the 9th inning after throwing 110 pitches and having a one hour rain delay. Or using a pitcher that quit on the team last week in a one run game.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
Thats true, but again, its not Ozzie's fault that the bullpen blows a lead.  Sure, you can blame him for putting in Marte who let up 2 runs so the opposing team is only down by 1, but its still up to the players to execute.

Strangely, I don't even think this is close to Ozzie's worst managing series of the year. He did a solid job last night, of course besides leaving his starter in for too long (but that's a nightly f*** up). I think the main reason for the 1-2 series was that the Indians are a superior team to the Sox.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Ok. I understand wshat you are saying and I agree. Minny won't lay down, but I kind of feel good about our chances against them. If we can get good solid starting pitching, which has not been there the last 2 weeks or so. McCarthy could help

You gotta score runs to win too, I hope you're right but man the sox love making s*** tight. I need to see some type of numbers that give me optimism, it will help me sleep better lol.