Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rally Crede!! @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm sorry, but Podsednik without any speed is f***ing useless leadoff hitter.

I said this last weekend and i'll say it again...there are exactly 2 types of leadoff hitters that are successful for teams.

1. Guys with lots of speed. They get on base by using that speed. Infield hits, doubles that should be singles, etc. Their big advantage is that their speed creates problems - pitchers throw the ball away, get distracted, people make errors, etc.

2. Guys that get on base a lot. Damon, Delucci, etc. come to mind. These guys are useful because they have high OBP and start off innings by getting on base before whatever boppers your team has.

Pods needs to be the first kind. He doesn't walk nearly enough to be the 2nd kind, and he's not hitting .330. If he can't cause problems with his speed by running, bunting himself on base, etc, then he's a bottom of the order hitter.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
Jenks looks good but he needs some experience in some tight games, even though monday he came in with guys on already and yesterday rowand blew it, he just wasn't locating his curveball like he should or else they would've had no chance.

Jenks is overthrowing everything. His curve is either in the dirt because he overthrows it, or up high because he's just aiming it. He hasn't been able to throw it naturally it seems for a few games. He'll continue to give up hard hit balls if he keeps the fastball down.

No offense but if we had any balls we'd have won 5-0 tonight. This is the type of game I expected after last night only with us winning 5-0 to 9-0.

Instead ... our woes continue.

I want to know if any of you are keeping your sanity. How are you handling this? Again tonight if we win it would have been almost impossible to blow the lead

considering we figure to beat Minn at least 2 of 4.

Instead, we're f***ed again with Cleve certain to sweep KC and we will not sweep

Minn.

How are you keeping your sanity?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
I would like to see them at least make a game of it. Might makes us feel better going up against Santana and the Twinkies series

They could have scored 8,344.59 runs tonight and Santana would still OWN them. As soon as they saw the 1st change brown stains would emerge on their collective pants and they would proceed to get 1-hit.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
If you count in all the chances he has thrown away to score by getting caught stealing and by getting picked off... that negates from his obp in my eyes. I mean sure he gets on but he doesn't give us a chance to score waaaaaaaaaaaay too f***ing often. He is a s***ty base runner.... plain and simple.

He's f***ing hurt, and he's been that way since the break. It killed his effectiveness on the bases.

Where do you guys get this stuff.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
If you count in all the chances he has thrown away to score by getting caught stealing and by getting picked off... that negates from his obp in my eyes. I mean sure he gets on but he doesn't give us a chance to score waaaaaaaaaaaay too f***ing often. He is a s***ty base runner.... plain and simple.

Pods has definently went South on us. He doesn't hit with any power at all and now can't steal a base. He hasn't been a force for awhile.

I am starting to believe that one writer from foxsports, saying that pods is the most overrated player in baseball. What does he bring to the table right now? He cant run, and he cant put the bat on the ball, I would rather have Pablo leadoff, atleast he will put the ball in play.

Ozuna>Pods--as of right now

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
They could have scored 8,344.59 runs tonight and Santana would still OWN them.  As soon as they saw the 1st change brown stains would emerge on their collective pants and they would proceed to get 1-hit.

We have 1 hope tomorrow. His name is Brandon.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:35 AM)
He's f***ing hurt, and he's been that way since the break. It killed his effectiveness on the bases.

Where do you guys get this stuff.

If he's hurt, can't steal, can't defend, and can't drive in runs, then bench his f***ing ass.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
If we don't win tonight and it looks bleak, this series was a failure.

Our last series was a failure considering Cleve swept KC while we were winning 2 of 3.

We just keep dropping games.

Well, obviously if we lose the series it was a failure..although more so cause we lost 2 of 3 to the damn Royals..that was a killer..we needed to do what Cleveland did to them..sweep their ass..although if we couldn't win a series against the Royals..in which they battered us around, it was unlikely we would win a series against the Toons who have the midas touch right now..but actually after yesterdays game I really thought we would win this game..no doubt.

Sheesh, I'm dumb... We've now have to take 3 of 4 from the Twins tomorrow..a split won't do it with the Toons playing the Rays..and i don't see that...99% we're gonna split that series..s***..we needed this series big time.. :headshake

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
I am starting to believe that one writer from foxsports, saying that pods is the most overrated player in baseball.  What does he bring to the table right now?  He cant run, and he cant put the bat on the ball, I would rather have Pablo leadoff, atleast he will put the ball in play.

Ozuna>Pods--as of right now

Although it's going down a lot, Pods is still hitting .324 in September.