Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
what gets me is how simple this is.

if Jon shuts them out tonight, we're not only fine, we're actually safe to win this damn division.

Doesn't happen in our home part and suddenly the outlook is as bleak as ever with tomorrow's automatic loss to go with the 3 games we will lose in cleveland to close the season.

Here's the real simple answer: the Indians offense is too f***ing good now to get consistently shut down. When's the last time one of our starters pitched a good game against a contending team (Twins aren't contenders). Probably McCarthy's start vs Red Sox.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Besides the slight possibility that the backlash against Ozzie will be so great that JR has to fire him this offseason, the only positive about a potential collapse is that Hawk will have some amazing quotes the last week of the season.  Could you imagine him having to eat crow if the Indians clinch the division on the field vs the Sox?  MERCY

Ozzie is not the one to blame for the sox not performing but should be blamed for atleast 10 games.

Just got home...disappointing to say the least. Seems like Garland pitched very well.

That being said, this next comment I am going to make completely seriously, without sarcasm, and I don't care if I get bashed:

Travis Hafner for MVP. He has been absolutely sensational the second half of this year, in the same manner Miguel Tejada was for the A's a couple of years ago. Of course, that same the year the Angels won the World Series, so we can still hope.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
Our hitters also seem to miss the 91 mph fastball down the cock with such regularity.  Same pitch to the injuns gets parked into the stands.

Our hitting just flat out sucks. Of course, since I never played professional baseball, I'm not allowed to question Greg Walker's ability.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN MISSING THE PLAYOFFS!  The franchise would take a massive hit if they completely collapse.

what hit? this is the franchise that has gone the second longest without winning a championship. this is the franchise that THREW a world series. this is the franchise that cuts off it's nose to spite it's face. it doesn't really matter. they've crushed most of their fandom anyways.

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
Let me qualify my statement: pitched very well until Ozzie left him in for one too many batter, yet again.

Can't we just say it was a situation of "Ozzie being Ozzie"? I've never seen a manager consistently get burned so often leaving his starting pitchers in for too long as I've seen from Ozzie in the last 50 games.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
ah yes, but I was just chalking up that Santana loss tomorrow

I can't wait to hear MB and Ozzie b**** when 12k show up tomorrow

I wonder if it's possible to organize a full boycot. Have absolutely zero people go into the stadium except the employees. That would be the ultimate message. Nahh, guess its not possible...

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
what hit?  this is the franchise that has gone the second longest without winning a championship.  this is the franchise that THREW a world series.  this is the franchise that cuts off it's nose to spite it's face.  it doesn't really matter.  they've crushed most of their fandom anyways.

And you'd lose even more fans. I could care less about attendance if it didn't have a big impact on our payroll. Our minor league development isn nowhere good enough to provide cheap players on a consistent basis.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
Again...the question is whether or not you blame the pitcher when they're left in against a power hitter after throwing 105 pitches (same deal as 103 last night)

No, that's a situation where a lefty reliever has to be brought in.