So what did you do when Crede homered

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

during commericals following the top of 10... I go "First Pitch, Crede is going yard...." which was meeted by groans to my cub fan frat brothers...

When he hit it.... " I f***ING CALLED IT I f***ING CALLED IT THANK YOU RALLY CREDE THANK YOU ! "

which took some explaining... but i did call it... one pitch late of course but close enough!

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
during commericals following the top of 10...  I go "First Pitch, Crede is going yard...." which was meeted by groans to my cub fan frat brothers...

When he hit it.... " I f***ING CALLED IT I f***ING CALLED IT THANK YOU RALLY CREDE THANK YOU ! "

which took some explaining... but i did call it... one pitch late of course but close enough!

My friend called Everett;s homer in the 7th, and then said what a walk off shot by the sox. I almost punched him when we lost.

I was working, no MLB package. I was keeping up on the Deuce's bottom line, which, of course, meant having the WNBA Finals on. I finally got frustrated enough (and it got slow enough) that I walked to our free internet and dialed up game day. 20 seconds later, I was applauding wildly and all the customers in the vicinity were telling me to go f*** myself.

I didn't, BTW.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I was incredibly passive compared to some other great plays. (I have a scar on my knuckles from last Jan 1)

I just said "Finally" and exhaled really deeply.

That Hawkeyes game was such a play of emotions. Man did I go crazy from f***, I can't believe we lost to oh my god how the hell did that happen.

I went crazy tonight though. My dad walked into the room during the commercial (not a sox fan) says Sox are going to win tonight. I go, I know Crede's going to win it right here (by this point the commercial has ended).

Dad is in the hall by my room walking away to go up the stairs when I go holy s*** he did it he did it and am going crazy.

Went totally nuts, totally nuts. I was going nuts before I ever saw the ball leave the field. I saw it off the bat and knew it was gone. Than while screaming I was like oh crap oh crap I hope to hell it gets out and yelled stretch as the camera panned to it going into the seats (just totally sweet).

Run over to my dad who actually gives me a high five (surprising cause he usually likes to walk in when the Sox are blowing things and tell me how they blew a great chance or something).

OMG OMG I can't believe it. The Rally Crede. Who could have predicted it? Jas, WTF didn't he have a stock tip instead of a Crede tip

I was emailing back and forth with a friend of mine who is not a big sports fan and she was excited. I couldn't believe it when she wrote Crede Homered to Deep Left.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

And after all of that, I mentally apologized to Joe Crede for thinking mean thoughts about him during the prior part of the season.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
i was taking a s*** during the commercial break and was in there a few minutes too long. i heard hawk and dj yelling about it and jumped up in celebration. fortunately, i didnt have the runs, it didnt get too messy. i am pissed at myself for not seeing it when it happened though.

Some things are best not shared. . . :huh: :D

I screamed so loud I woke one of the kids up – for the second time. Oops. My first scream was the shout of anguish when ARow botched the play in the 9th that led to extra innings.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim