So what did you do when Crede homered

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i went as nuts as i could, seeing as how my room mate was trying to work, but the only words coming out of my mouth for a good long time were 'f*** yeah!' over and over and over.

oh, i have one of those white board messageboards on my door and i drew the rally crede on it and put: "f*** the rally monkey, we've got the rally crede" and i think, sans f***, i'm gonna make that into a sign for tonight's game

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 06:42 AM)
Raised my arms and give a nice soft but quite passionate (the kids were sleeping).

f*** ya, Get Back Joe Joe.

My kids were sleeping too. I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch and just raised my fist as soon as he hit it. :headbang

My mom and I were walking back to my car from the game (I couldn't stay for extra innings since I had to be up between 4-5) and we ran to the car as soon as we heard the fireworks and turned on 1000AM. We were glad we left, we felt like we brought the bad luck out with us lol haha.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
who needs aaron f***ing boone when you have joe f***ing crede?

I was thinking the same thing. As pissed as I was getting for letting Boone kill us, the Cleveland fans have to be going nuts over Crede.

does anyone know how hard it is to describe to someone who knows nothing about soxtalk the irony of Crede winning the game and rally crede.

"Theres this board, soxtalk, and we made rally crede avatars"

"you mean a message board"

"yeah, anyway we all put up this rally crede"

'whats an avatar, what site is this?"

"forget it"

Wait, I thought it was Aaron Rowand who hit the walk-off homerun. :P Just kidding.. but did you guys see the Indians' gameday recap? Recap

It goes on to say "and the Tribe went on to lose to the first-place White Sox, 7-6, in 10 innings on Aaron Rowand's walk-off home run." :D

Back to the topic, I couldn't take watching the top of the 10th. I was sure the Indians were gonna score 2 or 3, and I was starting to feel sick again, so I decided to take a quick shower and watch the bottom of the 10th. When I turned the tv on again, it was a commercial saying "stay tuned for the post-game show", and then it showed the Cell emptying out. For the first second, it looked like everyone was walking out bummed, I couldn't believe it, then they immediately showed the replay of Crede's walk-off homer. I took the biggest sigh of relief. I've never felt so good in my life. I was glad I didn't see it, because I'm convinced they would've lost if I had kept watching.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
Wait, I thought it was Aaron Rowand who hit the walk-off homerun. :P  Just kidding.. but did you guys see the Indians' gameday recap?  Recap 

It goes on to say "and the Tribe went on to lose to the first-place White Sox, 7-6, in 10 innings on Aaron Rowand's walk-off home run." :D

Back to the topic, I couldn't take watching the top of the 10th.  I was sure the Indians were gonna score 2 or 3, and I was starting to feel sick again, so I decided to take a quick shower and watch the bottom of the 10th.  When I turned the tv on again, it was a commercial saying "stay tuned for the post-game show", and then it showed the Cell emptying out.  For the first second, it looked like everyone was walking out bummed, I couldn't believe it, then they immediately showed the replay of Crede's walk-off homer.  I took the biggest sigh of relief.  I've never felt so good in my life.  I was glad I didn't see it, because I'm convinced they would've lost if I had kept watching.

Get a shower radio. I love mine!

Jumped up and down in my seat. Smacked my brother-in-law on the head a lot and almost killed him. High fived everyone around me except the Cleveland fan sitting behind me looking deflated. Ran around, jumped on the bleacher bench some more. Pretty much ran across the concourse high fiving everyone. Chanted on the ramps until I was hoarse.

I screamed, high-fived the guys i was watching the game with in my basement, then ran upstairs looking for my mom and sister. Once i noticed they were outside walking the dog, i opened the front door and at the top of my lungs screamed:

"CREDE HITS A WALK OFF HOMER!!!! SOX WIN!!!!!

of course, the people riding bikes and walking on the street probably thought i was nuts screaming at 1030 at night. But i had to make sure my mom and sis could hear it, and boy did they (they were only a couple houses down, but i didn't see them at first!)

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

I exhaled deeply and relaxed. I considered that game to be a must win or I was really worried that the Sox would start to crumble. I called a buddy of mine to celebrate. Then I started to think how these games could make the Sox sharper and more dangerous in the playoffs. I haven't been that into a game on tv since JB pitched in the 2000 playoffs.

i just turned to the 2 indians fans that were sitting next to me and said "thats what were all about here!! and u can take that back to your hotel room!" they just looked at me as if they wanted to fight but then everyone in the section started chanting cleveland sucks and they just walked out of the row and left----never to be seen again. IT WAS AWSOME!

I had turned the game off when the Tribe took the 6-4 lead. My wife wanted to watch a movie and I didn't want to watch the Sox blow another game. So I was in a grumpy mood and the movie was horrible.

After the movie I switched the game back on fully expecting to see the post-game show and was quite suprised to see that the score was tied. It helped my mood a little bit but I was still grumpy.

I watched the last out of the top of the 10th and heard that Crede, Uribe and Pods would lead off the bottom of the 10th. My wife (who is a complete jinx to Crede because I don't think he has never gotten a hit while she's watching the game) said "well there's an easy out".

Then Crede hit the bomb and I said "Joe just won the game!" It was weird to go from being upset that they were losing 6-4 when I turned it off to seeing a walk-off homerun but I managed to crack a smile. :D

Edited by Iwritecode

My heart was beating faster than it should be. I was thinking to myself, how about a walk-off from anyone, then these f***ing Indians won't come back again. Finally that 1-0 pitch came to Crede. All was right with the world. I sprang from my Lazy Boy, woke up the dog (but made sure not to wake up my wife :nono ) and replayed it on the DVR about 5/6 times. Then took the dog out to take a piss. All the while chuckling to myself that the Rally Crede worked. Had a beer in celebration and logged onto Soxtalk to share the delight with my fellow Sox fans. The best game I have seen in a while. Finally, went to bed a happy Sox fan. Which I haven't done in awhile.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
I was working, no MLB package.  I was keeping up on the Deuce's bottom line, which, of course, meant having the WNBA Finals on.  I finally got frustrated enough (and it got slow enough) that I walked to our free internet and dialed up game day.  20 seconds later, I was applauding wildly and all the customers in the vicinity were telling me to go f*** myself.

I didn't, BTW.

I did some very loud screming and hollering in the outfiled all the way down to my car. What a great game and win.

Rich

I punched my friend in the stomach.

Right as Crede strolled to the plate he called a dong. There it went.

I was so insanely pumped I couldn't control my emotion.

I am so mentally, physically, emotionally drained from these last 2 games. I lost a hat and bruised my hand. :(